Watch this trick shot artist hit an egg at 300 yards while standing

Only the government and police should have guns! /s

One might say he’s easily triggered…

4 Likes

There is also another fine level of symbolism.

The rainbow flag isn’t the only “Pride” flag. Many of the sub-groups in the LGBTQ area have flags too, of different colors and designs.

The Leather / BDSM flag is Black with blue and white stripes (and a red heart in a black field). It is somewhat similar to the “thin blue line” flag.

So… police are also flagging that they love to beat people.

Of course, the difference is that BDSM / Leather is consentual and police brutality is not.

2 Likes

Won’t it be awesome when we get around to repealing the 2nd amendment, and trick shots will only happen on the pool table, or with slingshots and bows?

1 Like

Notify me when she’s popping a blow up doll of tRump, then I’ll be impressed.

BTW: Stop wasting food.

2 Likes

Quite clearly, the only thing that can stop a sharpshooter with a .22 is an egg with a .22

10 Likes

@cstatman may have gone there before anybody posted anything stupid, but his/her point is still well-taken. I’ve seen multiple Facebook posts in the last week about things like this New Yorker photo essay, where my friends lamented how “scary” it is to see children with guns, or how sport shooting is the “other side” of the gun control debate. To which I say, no it’s not. Like @57Lh7m5gq2f04iR said, sport shooting is not at all incompatible with the need in this country for FAR better gun regulation.

10 Likes

Yes, it’s so important to point out that this woman is doing something different than mowing down kids with a bump-stocked AR.

(Sheesh, how stupid do yall think the average bbs bear is?)

12 Likes

We can hit a straw man at 300 yards with a flaming arrow.

17 Likes

Who in the hell said anything about sport shooting and better gun control? Only you. I think perhaps you guys ‘doth protest too much’. Besides, this is Boing Boing, not fuckbook.

4 Likes

I’ve heard she plans to shoot a glass of milk next!

2 Likes

Because pointing your own guns at the army or the cops always works out great; it’s such a vital safeguard, innit.

2 Likes

Thanks for that synthesis. I have been wondering for some time how the Terrence Mallick picture was connected to this pervasive meme and the Errol Morris documentary.

Except for those of us standing on slippery slopes.

6 Likes

Okay! Great! Agreed. No problem. I was thinking we might not have to ban 22s but since cstatman is for it, well, let’s do that.

1 Like

Yeah, a lot of people seem to dig the former, but the latter… not so much.

2 Likes

Why is she called a trick shot artist, and why is the word trick used at all about this?

2 Likes

I also wondered about that. If it was a video about a man he’d be called a sniper and we’d never see it on BoingBoing because that type of accomplishment about a man wouldn’t be interesting. (Not that I’m saying anything against her excellent shooting skills, just pointing out the stereotype.)

Plus I swear since the Parkland shooting and the kickback against the NRA. I’ve seen a whole lot of videos and articles about women and guns. Makes it seem like some sort of thinly disguised marketing campaign.

Although I feel that target shooting and even hunting are relatively harmless sports/hobbies I’d trade them in a minute for the added safety of having fewer guns in circulation.

4 Likes

This video doesn’t show a trick shot, but from the montage at the start showing her shooting from a yoga position, shooting blindfolded, etc, I think calling her a trick shot artist is fair.

6 Likes

Lethal Weapon, right?

1 Like