Watch this very good boy fearlessly escape a pack of wolves

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/23/watch-this-very-good-boy-fearl.html

4 Likes

I’ve always been amazed at how much larger and menacing this guys are when compared to even very large, bred-for-tough-looks dogs.
Majestic beasts.

10 Likes

Lucky doggy. Dudes, keep your pets out of the wild, especially if there are larger predators around.

When my dad lived in Alaska he had a dog named Pup who was a pretty brave dog, but when grizzlies would visit the cabin he was smart enough to stay inside…

10 Likes

My first thought was, “WTF are you filming, you heartless bastard?!? Do something!”

12 Likes

Grizzlies are another scale of bear for sure. My (now late) lab cross treed a young black bear at the cottage, which was pretty terrifying, but it ran off as soon as I called him off; “Get over here! Get over here NOW!” Fortunately it was not a baby, so there was no mama around. There was much heroic posing for the rest of the day.

11 Likes

Good wolves. They know how to deal with human-loving traitors.

17 Likes

They should have adopted him into the pack and shown him their ways. For the love of God, they’re WOLVES not animal… nevermind.

6 Likes

Super impressive tactical movement over broken ground by the wolves, really smooth and co-ordinated.

8 Likes

“fearless”? - i dunno - “brave” for sure

“ayfkm, it was a PACK of fucking WOLVES - i was scared shitless - but, i mean, what was i gonna do, let them fucking EAT me? - so, yeah, i barked and ran for it - goddam lucky i remembered that hole in the fence - i need to go lie down”, said Doggo

18 Likes

Your comments reminds me of a less successful dog owner at commanding their dog:

14 Likes

I’m clutching my pearls.

3 Likes

The wolves’ behavior reminded me a lot of stuff I see at dog parks, but they’re not playing around.

Points to the dog for turning around and barking. You can see the wolves are momentarily taken aback.

Imagining scenes like this, with less happy outcomes, going on in my neighborhood, which has A) suburban coyotes, B) lots of Lost Cat posters.

12 Likes

I can hear them now: 'Quisling. Scab. Capitalist running dog."

19 Likes

While those wolves may have been desperately hungry, it is generally considered bad practice to help wild animals recruit prey.

9 Likes

LOL. Spent a few seconds puzzling over what ‘cross treeing’ might be.

6 Likes

The body language of the wolves is more playful than predator - the tail wagging and “bowing” is an invitation to play.

5 Likes

No hole in fence. Wolves don’t trust some fences for some reason, and are afraid to go through them even when they see it done before their eyes.

4 Likes

6 Likes

all the tricks in the world part 1 exclusive probably a lassie built in

2 Likes

just like some doors… !

2 Likes