Watch: This Zoom prank inspired the new horror film Host

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/07/watch-this-zoom-prank-inspire.html

1 Like

A novel and entertaining use of a normally boring piece of conference kit. Loved it.

3 Likes

Must be using an old version of Zoom. The new release contains ectoplasmatic filters that prevent this sort of bombing.

6 Likes

Ffs @boingboing The ads are just nothing but intrusive now. Pops up full screen over the video.

Can you not move to a patreon model or something as chasing the content around the page in an attemp read the fckn story is very annoying.

4 Likes

I cannot express how tiresome jump scares are to me. If you have a scary concept, it doesn’t need artificial screaming sounds and orchestra stingers. Conversely, if you need those things to make your concept scary, try harder.

3 Likes

I mean, if I had a friend who is a horror film director and he proposed going up to his attic to investigate something I would expect something like this from the start. Plus, he’s a bit of an arsehole in my opinion for incorporating the falling off the ladder bit (though brilliant in its realistic execution). The jump scare is funny but that sort of thing just really worries people unnecessarily.

2 Likes

Brave browser will get that under control.

2 Likes

Wait…
…Reese Witherspoon lives in this guy’s attic?

1 Like

I am kinda glad I don’t have “friends” like this gentleman.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.