Watch: Thom Yorke's solo version of Radiohead's "Bloom" to commemorate Shark Week

Originally published at: Watch: Thom Yorke's solo version of Radiohead's "Bloom" to commemorate Shark Week | Boing Boing

2 Likes

the entire fishery of all species is being wiped out for profit. commercial fishing is unsustainable, at best, destroying entire ecosystems - including “bycatch” of “disposable” species.

emphasis mine. because this - the giant IF comes down to getting us all to make some effort to reduce impact on the oceans, fisheries and marine ecosystems.
i say this as the National Marine Sanctuary - a protective zone around critical coral reef here in the florida keys - is set to expand by over 1000 square miles. the plan will be open for public comment in september and i will attend. my take is that this effort is needed, even if it severely limits the reef that i can fish on recreationally. my concern is all the commercial fisherfolk and loud NIMBYs that will oppose any move to increase the sanctuary area and limit fishing on this reef. a reef, mind you, that is at a tipping point of complete collapse.
there used to be a lot more sharks in the waters here, too.

3 Likes

Ah if only he’d covered Baby Shark…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.