Watch thousands of wildebeest cross a river during great migration in Tanzania

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/22/watch-thousands-of-wildebeest.html

7 Likes

Jesus my kids are ten years old and it’s like pulling teeth to get them out the door sometimes.

12 Likes

Talk about tough love!

I guess coddling isn’t in the mama wildebeest vocabulary.

4 Likes

My inexpert understanding based on binging Planet Earth and the like is that we H. saps are born far less mobile than most mammals due to a combination of cranium size and pelvic size of bipedal runners (AKA controlled fallers) like us.

We’re kinda like the orbiters of the animal kingdom. Gotta keep moving to avoid hitting the ground. From this I predict the first business of self-aware satellites will to be invent the Laz-Y-Bot chair.

3 Likes

This is why they aren’t called wontdebeests.

Oh come on, you gnu I was going to make that pun!

4 Likes

Which one is Gary?

2 Likes

Don’t they know anything about social distancing? Jeez!

Some gnus are thought to be approaching the pre-bipedal stage, as it happens. They’re members of the ante-lope family.

(And you're very lucky I didn't make the joke about the very teeny tiniest gnus crossing the river for love, and not telling their parents. They're members of the ant-elope family.)

Also, the obligatory…

3 Likes

Ha! Came here to make this joke and point out that none of them are wearing masks. If some of them had red hats on, it could be the RNC.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for Gary Gnu, man, you need to go to a Gnu Wave site.

4 Likes

Have you tried “We’re moving across the country… on foot”?

Wildebeests, you say? Wait for it…

1 Like

That would certainly explain one part of “Wall-E”. . .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.