Watch Trump saying he doesn't want a poor person working in his cabinet

Yes, I agree that even saying what he said isn’t all that great, my point was that he wasn’t saying all his cabinet had to be rich. But then, when has there ever been a cabinet level appointee who wasn’t rich as fuck, ever? Trump just gaffed that it was his one and only specification.

We usually call it “Treasury Secretary.”

And I don’t want wealthy, clueless, isolated mediocrity in my cabinet, but here we are.

7 Likes

There’s a difference between being well off and wealthy. I’d wager that any one of his cabinet members makes more money than all of us here combined.

6 Likes

Technically, he said anyone with an influence on economic policy.

2 Likes

Part of me is like, “Well, yeah, but you don’t actually say it.”

And the other part is curious what would happen if we let people with GEDs making minimum wage run things.

4 Likes

Having worked with government myself, I think there would be a rousing chorus of, “Oh my! This is how you’re running a country?!?”
And then I like to think maybe half of them would turn into asshats and figure out how they could “get theirs,” but the other half would roll up their sleeves (figuratively) and dig in and start making a real difference for the better for us regular people.

5 Likes

Give it time. . .

5 Likes

This is the exact thought that went through my head. It’s not “them” it’s the “other poor (mostly black)”. Some of his followers my be jobless and economically poor but they do not think of themselves as that.

Hell, I really don’t think money ever buys good taste.

3 Likes

With free shipping

3 Likes

“Watch Trump…” Truly, I’d rather not. Just another layer of ridiculous.

3 Likes

Well, heck, I don’t really want any people working in Trump’s cabinet, so I guess we like half-agree?

7 Likes

It has been estimated that his cabinet owns more than the bottom 1/3 of US citizens, combined.

smart people tend to not be interested in money.

money is boring

granted, there are some interested in the science and theory behind market movements, but most of Wall Street are C students.

1 Like

Why would they be outraged? Trump loves the poor (well, poorly educated).

1 Like

oh man, I love that even though this is a heinous piece of conspicuous consumption, it still employs the .99 “mind trick” pricing and faux urgency…

$109,999.99
Only 1 left!

5 Likes

In my case, the frustration stems from knowing people who didn’t want Hillary to win because they didn’t like her voice, or they thought she was to shrill, etc., but (presumably) have no problem with Trump’s boorishness nor with the Gargantua-class turds he extrudes every time he opens his mouth.

1 Like

Crap! Only 1 left?! Time to mortgage the house!

2 Likes

I know a guy…

2 Likes

LOL. That guy’s going places!

Jesus.

2 Likes