WATCH: urinators surprised by wall that bounces pee back at them

http://www.freepee.org/Europe/Germany/Hamburg/

Looks like there are three on the Reeperbahn

Makers activate: pee retroreflectors could be the new whoopee cushion.
Googling around it looks like nobody has tried this, but I am encouraged that my universe contains something called an electrowetting retroreflector: http://www.google.com.ar/patents/US20090232509

2 Likes

AT&T had a similar problem many years ago with people using their phone booths as rest rooms. They solved it by placing curved reflectors near the bottom of the booth that directed the pee back to the source, or at least the feet of the source.

1 Like

Yep. [she said, duly typing more characters to please the machine gods]

2 Likes

Yep. None of thos youtube-nocookie.com urls work for me.

1 Like

I’m definitely avoiding the Spielbudenplatz. Even the name kinda has an unpleasant onomatopoeia.

Name:	Spielbudenplatz
Description:	Begrenzte Öffnungszeiten
Open 24/7:	no
Rating:
European System
1 (=perfect), 6 (horrible)	Current average rating: 6
2 Likes

Because nothing says “inviting” like a public toilet on the Reeperbahn.

I had to edit the URL and remove -nocookie to watch the video.

1 Like

More inviting than being pissed on, though.
Unless you’re into that sort of thing

I used to live in a flat in a neighbourhood that became a popular drinking spot for out-of-towners over the years that I lived there. We went from having a nice open hallway & courtyard that the kids of our & neighbouring buildings could play in, to having a stinking, festering sewer that nobody in their right mind would spend any time in. The trespassing pissers were utterly impervious to shame- we caught them at it often, and confronting them just resulted in them threatening violence. There was a public toilet in the park about 20 metres away, and for that matter, an entire goddamned park full of shrubs that would have made better pissing sites than our hallway & courtyard. I appreciate the “St Pauli Pinkelt Zurück” initiative more than I can say.

My rage at public pissers is not that they are caught in a moment of need, but that they decide to look for somewhere sheltered/private to do it. You fuckwits! Piss in the gutter or a drain or in a park or somewhere where it will get washed away, not in somebody’s doorway, hallway, or in a tunnel where the stench will linger for-fucking-evermore!

3 Likes

The proposal is good. WIth one wart - if you don’t take precautions against being seen, by seeking sheltered/private area, you are likely to be seen. If you are seen, you may get in trouble. And, depending on the jurisdiction, the trouble may be pretty significant.

In comparison with such problem, even just a fine (doesn’t outright have to be a sex-offender record), stinking up a hallway is a good bargain even for an otherwise considerate person in need.

This is a lot of effort to go to when the urinators have an easy counter-measure to fall back upon: peeing at an oblique angle.

1 Like

I have watched out-of-towners (usually from the suburbs) toss all their garbage into the front yards of buildings in the Wrigleyville neighborhood (where Wrigley Field, the Cubs’ home, is located), puke, piss, etc…and then complain loudly that they’re so glad they don’t live in the city because it’s such a cesspool.

No matter how poor, I was never desperate enough to live in that neighborhood. It ain’t easy being a tourist attraction.

2 Likes

Ironic that this is the best use yet for something called “Ultra Ever Dry”.

All you have to do is remove the nocookie & the URL works.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.