Watch video of crazy biker gang shootout

I’d like to point out that I entered this discussion asking for lenience specifically for bike gang members who did not start the gunfight. It’s difficult to have a discussion with you when you don’t listen the first time and then reject any attempt at clarification.

I absolutely do backpedal on that turn of phrase. It was a shitty turn of phrase and I hate it now. So what? I’ve done my best to elaborate and explain to you with better clarity the point I’m trying to make but you won’t let it go. Please let it go?

I’m beginning to think you think I’m suggesting that we should let the ones who did the murdering and the shooting off with a stern talking to. Is that what you think I’m saying?

Also, any kind of evidence at all that stricter punishment produces better outcomes and isn’t a waste of money?

How do you discern, in the moment, the subset of actual criminals from the pool of about 200 present at a big shootout?

Not easy with the cops withholding evidence, I know. Separate problem.

Exactly. There is no way to.

They all needed to get rounded up, and then the whole thing gets sorted out later. There is no way to have a “proportionate response” in a situation like that. The situation had to be dealt with. And then, the justice system had to figure out what to do with all those guys as part of a big complicated mess. It might even mean spending some time in jail while it all gets figured out.

Are you only talking about temporary holding? I thought we were talking about prison sentences, or trying to “pin a charge” on everyone. Holding everyone is inevitable and totally fine by me.

Man, this has been fun :slight_smile:

About as fun as scanning a mummy for signs of life, yes.

1 Like

The mummy did. It has bubble wrap to pop while it’s waiting for the scan to finish.

1 Like

Likely most to all of them. Texas is a shall issue concealed carry state. And those 1000 weapons? The police counted padlocks, steel toed boots, wallet chains, and pocket knives. So the idea that there were was this vast number of “weapons” is a false narrative.
But hey it’s perfectly acceptable to arrest a large number of people and figure out something to charge them with right? I mean as long as they are a member of a group you don’t like of course…

1 Like

Weapons not guns. The number of firearms was actually much lower. Remember the police were literally counting Swiss army knives as “weapons” in this instance and keep using that number to make it sound like this was a big turf war. It was not.

1 Like

Sure, arrest the kkk and all the mafia and street and biker gangs. But leave the knitters of America and the Toastmasters alone! Wait, what’s that? The knitters and the toastmasters are running guns, drugs and prostitution rings? Then arrest them too.

Ok, but they aren’t arresting people for running guns, drugs or prostitution rings. They are arresting people that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time wearing the wrong clothes. You seem to think it was just members of the scimitars and mongols clubs that got arrested, but it wasn’t. There was a group of guys hat have a club that restores old bikes. And another club that does veterans support. Not to mention the club that rescues children from domestic violence. And a bunch of other motorcyclists that have no affiliation to earthier of those two clubs whatsoever.
Here is the plain fact, there are hundreds of motorcycle clubs that have no affiliation or other relation to anything illegal. They are just groups of guys that like to ride together and usually do charitable work. They are called family clubs. They wear patches and leather and ride motorcycles. But they are not criminals. And there are groups called MROs or Motorcycle Rights Organizations. They are out there to do legislative lobbying on behalf of the motorcycling community. This was a meeting of one of those groups, and these two clubs showed up at the regularly scheduled monthly meeting and a fight broke out. And 177 people got arrested and given a 1 million dollar bond. Not because the police had any evidence they did anything wrong, or because there was evidence against them, but because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time wearing the wrong clothes.
But I guess you are OK with arresting innocent people and throwing them in jail. I mean after all they were wearing a club patch and riding a motorcycle to a bar right?
Oh and nice job taking a portion of my quote out of context. With skills like that you could be working for MSNBC or Fox!

1 Like

Yes, it’s sad. Personally, I wouldn’t hold my coin club meetings in the same restaurant that the counterfeiters hold their meetings. I’d find a different place and be a little more circumspect about where I am and who I’m with. But hey, that’s just me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.