Watch: workers in padded armor destroy "murder hornet" nest

Reminds me of this:

Also - does Spectracide work on them? That is my goto wasp killer and it works really well.

5 Likes

As a proud resident of Whatcom county, I deeply resent our unannounced relocation to Oregon.

5 Likes

began Wednesday’s eradication by vacuuming 113 worker hornets from the nest

Sucks for them!

3 Likes

Ugh, California yellow jackets. Every time I grilled in our back yard in San Jose, I had to fight them for the food. Another one landed on my chest and bit me for no reason as I was standing in a swimming pool near Thunder Hill. I’ve been told the Asian Giant Hornets aren’t as mean, but I’d never want to find out.

Odd that I didn’t even know they existed when I lived in Japan. I was too busy doing battle with the big Huntsman spiders you see in Florida (but not as big as the Australia variety).

1 Like

Sounds like Corporate America ™ has a new RIF strategy.

I follow this guy on instagram. He works at a university with bugs. There are a couple videos of him with huntsman spiders - Adrian Kozakiewicz/Insecthaus® on Instagram: "Holconia insignis from Australia"

Stop calling them by that stupid name. They kill ~25. Dogs kill 25,000 but we don’t talk about murder collies.

Further, they have that moniker (that no one used until 2019) for killing honeybee hives to feed their young. If killing insects to feed their young counts as murder then we should have murder sparrows, too.

3 Likes

You have to admit “Murder Collies” sounds pretty cool.

8 Likes

Murderdoodle has a great ring to it.

9 Likes

“Who killed Cock Robin?” “I,” said the Sparrow,
“With my bow and arrow, I killed Cock Robin.”

That is an amazing structure those hornets created.

I live in Oregon and I clicked through to the comments soley to relay this timely and pertinent factual correction.

2 Likes

Actually, both sides of the border.

1 Like

It would make a great band name.

3 Likes

I have to admit, I didn’t expect XCOM’s cover organization to be the Washington State Department of Agriculture.

1 Like

:notes:Those boots are made for whopping… :notes:

2 Likes

Wired said that they came from amazon.

So I looked, and there it is.

200 dollars.

3 Likes

Or as they’ll eventually be called in Florida: “Stand your ground” Hornets. Six of one…

Come on, where’s your sense of hyperbole? You’re never going to draw viewer clicks with that attitude. :wink:

2 Likes

part of me wishes I could be a part of destroying said hornets, but also I don’t want to be anywhere near them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.