Watching a crocodile gallop evokes my primal fear

Originally published at: Watching a crocodile gallop evokes my primal fear | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I think it’s a staff member illustrating how fast crocodiles can run. He could easily hop the fence if Chainsaw gained on him and got too close.

3 Likes

tumblr_mg4zyhtxxj1rqfn1po3_500

5 Likes

Puppy! Awww…

1 Like

I’ve seen Cuban crocodiles jump. Those “barriers” are way too low.

I don’t like crocodiles. I don’t like them at all. That many reptilian teeth going that fast is not good. It makes me think of the quick rise of the neo-nazis in America. Very nasty, very bad.

2 Likes

i like crocs. see them often in the wild.
i hate nazis of any color/stripe.

leaving crocs in peace is what should be done.
do not ignore nazis, do not give them any peace.

8 Likes

Well maybe. How about feeding nazis to gators? Would that bother the gators? If we provided antacids for the gators if they needed them?

Oh Yeah, There’s this to consider: A number of the bigger crocodilian’s are perversely unable to see the special nature of the human animal and absent-mindedly eat him from time to time. Archie Carr, Naturalist 1940

2 Likes

well, we were discussing crocodiles and while the american alligator is a crocodillian,
i do very much like your idea to boost the diet of those ancient reptiles that are very prevalent in this state by feeding nazis to them.
nutritional value TBD…

5 Likes

Most reptiles need to hold their breath when running in order to keep their body/spine rigid which is part of the reason they get tuckered out so fast. You should try running a 100 meter dash holding your breath and see how you hold up. Heck, run it while breathing and see how you hold up! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

“A petting zoo”?

1 Like

One of the people on my track team never got the hang of sprinting and breathing at the same time, so they just held their breath the whole time. They were fine for the 100m but nothing longer than that lol.

3 Likes

It seems to be only good for short bursts of running, a concept that I’m completely familiar with

3 Likes

All this does for me is think “awww a swamp puppy” cause I’m just weird that way.

1 Like

“Watching a crocodile gallop evokes my primal fear”

Ironically, in your lizard brain.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.