"We got one heavily armed recreational vehicle here, man!"

I’m sure it makes up for any handling shortcoming with great gas mileage!

3 Likes

I’m honestly surprised by the comments here. This is just an expedition truck. They’re for extended off-road expeditions, not for prepping. They’re not uncommon

15 Likes

Make one of these, please.
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 20.16.49

5 Likes

Jawas did it better

16 Likes

Beat me to it :+1:

3 Likes

Marine heaters.

4 Likes

episode 2 GIF

4 Likes

Exterminaaate!

4 Likes

Is winter camoflage OK?

7 Likes

I don’t see a winch, but there has to be a winch, right?

This is reminding me of an old David Spade bit back before Urban Assault Vehicles became a thing during Desert Storm, where he ridicules folks who buy Jeeps with winches for doing things like driving to the grocery store. One of the lines was how they must use dental floss in the winch or something.

6 Likes

Need more bolts on the rims to tell me they’re serious -

As seen on one of these in the parking lot outside REI in Anchorage, Alaska a few years back:

An EarthRoamer LTi averages between 9-14 miles per gallon, based on variables like speed and terrain. With 95 gallons of diesel on board, you can expect about a 900-1,000 mile trip range.

The HD gets between 6-8 miles to the gallon. With 115 gallons of fuel, you can expect close to a 800 mile trip range.

6 Likes

No weapons racks or bullet-proof windows mentioned… so yeah, not a prepper ride.

2 Likes

If the forward facing camera goes out on that one, you’ll have to suffer the embarrassment of being hauled out of your crashed vehicle while still strapped into your seat – backwards. Rescuer: “You thought you were sooooo cooolllll.”

1 Like

If facing north you’ll see a ‘wicked winch on the west’ :grinning:

I’ll see myself out

3 Likes

Reminds me of my TRQ-32, but with a much nicer hauler.

They stole it from the Russians!

4 Likes

My dad’s neighbour has something very similar to this, but it has an articulated section on it. Kind of cool, but very impractical, even living out the mountains like he does.

1 Like

Okay. Now let’s see whether it fits under the 11’8" bridge.

5 Likes

Designed to construct and maintain radar installations in the arctic, before someone realized that it was cheaper to use helicopters.

Now, the closest analogue is heavy lift vehicles designed to transport fracking vessels and the like.

2 Likes

Not if you want to catch tornadoes