We honestly have no idea what to say about this weird martial arts demo

[Permalink]

It’s martial arts because they’re Asian, I assume?

It’s a dance move. Here’s a three-person American version from the '40s:

14 Likes

I think it’s in some way related to the Human Centipede.

4 Likes

Only two pledges for the elephant walk this year.

2 Likes

Here let me help you get your pants off.

No let me help you get your pants off.

Here let me help you get your pants off.

No let me help you get your pants off.

8 Likes

Cirque du Soleil has some acts like this…pretty amazing strength and coordination not to mention a bit bizarre looking. Cool Stuff.

1 Like

Alphonse and Gaston’s first date?

1 Like

I saw this on CdS (Dralion?) about ten years ago, and learned to do it with a friend. It was fine until I tried to teach someone else - he tripped up and sat on my head. It’s not difficult, but most of your own safety depends on whether the other person knows what they’re doing. The trick is to keep your body straight and just bend at the knees, but if you don’t trust the other person, you arch your back and they can’t stand up. If you’re not used to where your legs should be, you don’t bend at the waist and don’t touch the floor in time.

Interestingly enough, you don’t necessarily have to be the same height - in Dralion there was probably a difference of almost 2 feet, if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

Video please!

3 Likes

weird martial arts demo

Weird? Naah. Previously:

The dance move is called “The Infinite Wedgie” by experts.

8 Likes

The very cutting edge in homoeroticism.

3 Likes

It is actually only one very supple guy …

3 Likes

Glad to see this was the very first response!

Reminds me of this:

Stella - Jeux d’enfants 34 - Le jeu du Pet en gueule, F17BOU005412 [Public domain], by Claudine Bouzonnet-Stella (1641–1697)

Ho-wahhhh! I love it.

I’m having a hard time seeing the martial application of sticking your head up your twin brother’s butt.

2 Likes

Hey, you see someone do that, you know that is not a person you want to mess with.

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s a martial arts demo. It looks like pretty ordinary high school hijinks to me.

5 Likes

So I’m not the only one who misread the title as “marital arts”?

4 Likes