“We’re PG police and we shoot people,” said a police officer now convicted of assault

Yes, police are a civil organization. I am arguing that police still refer to themselves as uniformed service members, and want to be, and many of them are from military after they are discharged and need a career in real life. The point is that they still refer to non-police as civilians, correct or incorrect… doesn’t matter… they do it. I’m talking USA. I don’t know about other places.

“I dare you to [expletive] fight me, son.” (emphasis mine)
The spin is that he was trying to impress his friends. From that statement, it’s clear to me what his actual motivation was. The police, writ large, are simply racist.

1 Like

So? Why let police control the narrative? Wouldn’t that be counter-productive?

1 Like

I’m saying the current context is false and it must be changed. Yes, I’m saying minds must change. Learning can be painful.

You’re not wrong about cops tending towards racism, but calling someone “son” is very common 21st century slang that doesn’t carry the implication you think it does. It is meant to half-seriously suggest being older and wiser and authoritative, but it’s not racially charged like calling a black man “boy.”

Pedantic comment is pedantic. “Can he LEGALLY possess a gun (an obvious requirement for a police officer here in the US)?” Were you really unable to figure out the meaning behind the original sentence?

Aaaah, that cheered me up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s been touched on before here in previous murderous cop stories (for lo, there are far too fucking many). Being too intelligent gets you not hired, yes

1 Like

Speaking of PG County

Is there a good reason why anyone would choose to live in PG County?

Well in our case, that’s where we were able to afford the type of house that we wanted. A better question would be why we left Austin.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.