“We’re PG police and we shoot people,” said a police officer now convicted of assault

I’m totally with you on this one, but in certain limited circumstances, it is possible.

2 Likes

One easy way to resolve this apparent contradiction is to more carefully consider what I actually said:

Is being surprised that more people refuse to do anything about it the same as advocating anything? Yes, if a pack of douchenozzles start sticking their guns in the faces of the public, I am legitimately surprised that responsible people don’t rush them. It is what it says on the tin.

If you are asking whether or not I advocate violence, I think that even dangerous specimens such as police should be treated compassionately. Typically, restraining them until they can cool off should be sufficient. If somebody is waving a gun around and they get cold clocked, do I think they are a victim? No, I really don’t. Is it okay to use lethal force against an armed person? I am not comfortable to say that it should be, axiomatically. If there is going to be a death or injury, I think it should be the aggressor, since it was they opted to use force against people.

No, I have never killed a cop. Yes, I have had to fight cops.

Hope that explains my perspective in such a way that alleviates any of your presumed contradictions.

You would rush a gun in that situation? I’d back the fuck up and run the other way.

Where is this @sshole’s parents? Seriously. What kind of pre- or post-partum steroid abuse produces this kind of human?

Actually, I disagree with zikzak. I think they are a labor union. They just happen to be an example of what can go wrong with a labor union.

Is a felon able to trivially acquire one or more of the 400 million unregistered, untracked firearms kicking around the US? Certainly.

Is it legal for a felon to? No.

2 Likes

Prince George’s County in Maryland.

Convicted? That assumes that they survive arrest.

That would be covered in the next sentence, right?

1 Like

If this is PG police, I’d hate to see the antics of NC-17 police.

6 Likes

When a vase breaks it’s not a vase, it only was a vase.

2 Likes

Yeah, but in this case it’s more like it’s still a vase, but it smells bad and when you touch it, you get a chemical burn.

Heck, you’ll be charged with assault for bleeding on a police officer, or with damaging police property for smashing the hood of a cruiser with your face.

3 Likes

That title is a little off. The police officer is a civilian too. The civilian police officer put the gun in the citizen’s face. The police are suppose to be one of us. The police separating themselves from the people and cozying up with the feds and the military is the problem.

1 Like

Officers, if those are the brothers you want on your 6, THEN DON’T TURN THEM IN

I call bullshit.

1 Like

You see, that’s the problem. A police officer is a civilian. They are not military. They don’t work for the “Department of Defense (War)” The police have too much power and they are too many of them. At best they are suppose to serve the people. The system what it is, the police serve money, power, and they system they gives them what they have.

2 Likes

Is there some sort of hiring process that might avoid filling police ranks with psychopaths?

…or is this the desired outcome for somebody?

2 Likes

You’re using the wrong meaning of civilian. Police officers routinely refer to themselves as officers and the people they are policing as civilians. Context is important, and you are recontextualizing so that you can be right. But you’re not.

1 Like

Yes. earnestinebrown wrote that the police is a civilian organisation, not a military one.
He described as a problem that “the police [is] separating themselves from the people” and I think this is an important and correct point.

2 Likes