We regret to inform you the Adorable Irma Cop is racist

Ah, my hometown’s back in the news! Let’s see what… ah, shit.

5 Likes

To quote Walter Sobchak: “Are we gonna split hairs here?”

1 Like

Why doe anyone find anyone you don’t find attractive attractive? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty sure everyone is thinking that. You are attracted to what you are, and likewise repulsed by what you aren’t. Though certain physical features = “something” is probably partly cultural and personal experience. i.e. blondes are dumb for cultural, and someone you knew who you didn’t like had some feature that you equate with something bad now. I used to not like red headed girls because of a bully.

Fun fact - Greeks in their art equate smaller sized, flaccid penises as someone virtuous and ideally masculine. Large erect ones were on oafish, lustful brutes. Hence why a lot of their statues seem a bit lesser endowed.

You are really overthinking what was basically a joke at the expense of the bigoted cop.

Way to go.

5 Likes

Adorable? Sure - if you like throwback neanderthal chins.

“the fact that the democratic candidate for prez lost the election and uber rich democratic trump haters are funding protests all across the nation. this stuff needs to stop and contributors, and fellow readers of boing boing, should be intelligent enough to know the difference instead of just blindly accepting this garbage as factual news.”

uber rich democratic trump haters is just a social construct.

5 Likes

Ah, but does it exist in a vacuum? No!

7 Likes

Yeah, Bush was a terrible president in so many ways, but at least he didn’t seem like a completely terrible person.

4 Likes

the universe is just a vacuum fluctuation

Spontaneous creation of the Universe Ex Nihilo

Maya Lincoln, , Avi Wasser 

Show more

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dark.2013.11.004
Get rights and content

Under a Creative Commons license
1 Like

Well, he’s a cop. So that was the first clue.

2 Likes

Apart from her feet, no other part of her body touched the ground!

NICE!
STRONG!
BACK!
DAMN!

4 Likes

IIRC, that young lady holds the world record for limbo; I first saw her on Outrageous Acts of Science, one of my kid’s favorite shows.

6 Likes

I think she’s secretly a magician, it’s the only explanation.

3 Likes

Not that I was aware of - never lived in the south.

strike that - Atavistic neanderthal chins.

never said neanderthals were less intelligent. and they are human creatures.

1 Like

I must admit my time in Gainesville was a blast (well, from what I can remember) but that said, it was only for three days over Halloween weekend, so all the UF bros were gone, the city swarmed over by punks and beardos of all stripes.

It is in the particularly scary part of Florida, a fact ensconced in my mind then as now.

1 Like

So now we’re going to double down on ruining my joke; great.

I’m not saying that Tebow or Lochte are automatically unintelligent based solely upon how they look, or that they are “less than human.”

(And frankly, I resent the implication.)

I’m saying that those particular facial features which they share are not at all attractive, in my opinion.

Congrats: you two have efficiently sucked out all the humor that I managed to inject into yet another post about willful hatred while simultaneously 'splaining down to me; kudos.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s the “white people safety zone”, bordered on the (somewhat) north by the highway patrol office, the east by the railroad tracks, the south by Waldo Road, and the west by I-75. Aside from a few pockets here and there, outside the boundaries are black people.

2 Likes

I wasn’t trying to 'splain you down - It’s just getting exhausting talking about horrible people. Trying to mix it up with something differnt. I’ll just try refraining in the future.

ETA - So I am apologizing. It was supposed to be a distraction, not a buzz kill.

1 Like

People who 'splain down are never trying to do that.

2 Likes

I know you didn’t mean to, but that’s how it came across.

I understand being tired of discussing horrible people, but it seems damn near inevitable these days; there are just so damn many of them and they just keep doing fucked up things…

2 Likes