Wealthy prisoners can pay to stay in safe, comfy jails

I don’t live in the states so I don’t know all the inner workings of the “system” you’re referring to. But what you’re saying is way beyond the scope of whether criminals should be able to pay their way to a better living condition. It also sounds like you’re just looking for a way to pass the blame off to an external factor rather than having criminals place the blame on themselves and taking some responsibility for what they’ve done.

Plenty of people grow up around crime and turn out to be fine, well adjusted people who contribute to society. Environment may play a role into it, but I believe that people just make terrible decisions and they should suffer for them.

I am not saying the idea of “luxury” or slightly better amenities should be completely trashed. Some people who may have committed petty crimes or out of desperation should be given some level of trust. Others who don’t feel remorse for anything they’ve done should burn in hell for eternity.

You can blame it on their environment or upbringing or society, it doesn’t matter to me. They made a decision to fuck someone up, and someones family and friends up permanently, and they should suffer for it. They are lucky they don’t live in 3rd world countries where they actually use common sense and have severe punishments for a lot less. Keeps crime low and keeps people from being cunts.