Wearable chair

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/18/wearable-chair.html

1 Like

That is some buzzword heavy text for a strap-on stool.

10 Likes

Not suitable for those wait-until-the-last-moment-to-use-the-toilet types I guess. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

8 Likes

This will be great for when I go shopping with my wife and they don’t have a husband chair.

7 Likes

“You can Move, Run, and Jump freely with the Lex”

You just can’t sit down on a toilet or a regular chair without removing it.

“Billy” says he made this because his back hurt from carrying a heavy backpack all day when commuting.
Well why not just put some decent wheels on it instead? Maybe a foldable chair included?
And then if you get tired of walking, set your backpack on the wheels and SIT ON IT.

19 Likes

I always imagined the world of 21st Century Bionics would be cooler than this.

17 Likes

All chairs are wearable if you’re brave enough.

24 Likes
2 Likes

If it helps folks with mobility issues or chronic back issues, then more power to them. Emphasis on the if.

I have in recent times needed to help older family members with various mobility issues and the available products don’t work work well or are expensive or both. Not saying this is the solution but at least they are experimenting with different designs from what has been available.

15 Likes

Yes, but is it comfy?

2 Likes

These things exist in the manufacturing world to aid with ergonomically difficult operations. Not sure of the commercial version’s cost structure, never needed them in the factories where I’ve worked, just spotted them in manufacturing videos. They make ones to support arms for overhead operations, too.

Here’s a sample.

13 Likes

Looks to be a good poop assistant whilst camping.

6 Likes

My ass is a wearable chair.

12 Likes

I’m sure the Lex is somebody’s fetish and they will eventually discover it and love it with enthusiasm. An ass for every seat, as it were.

1 Like

Ah, the Noonee…

2 Likes

Whew! Made it just under the limit!

3 Likes

10 Likes

From an artist’s point of view, it sounds good for plen-air painters’ use.

6 Likes

It’s a milk stool and should never be worn outside the barn after labour day.

8 Likes

Story To Be Filed Under: “So Old, it’s New”

11 Likes