Wearable chair

And you thought open-plan offices were horrible before.

10 Likes

bobuhecep

1 Like

Lex is a “wearable” chair

More like:

Lex is a wearable “chair”

5 Likes

Only if you’re into pants-less camping. :wink:

6 Likes

This isn’t a wearable chair. It’s clearly a chairable wear.

6 Likes

I was thinking the mass market version of this would be called Chairables ™.

5 Likes

That is sold here.

https://hambydairysupply.com/strap-on-milk-stool-adjustable-height/

Lest you think it an antique.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the trusty shooting stick: walking stick, chair, and sometimes umbrella all in one.

8 Likes

The one I showed is an antique (up for sale at one point). The design is timeless! :slightly_smiling_face:

But it’s got Space Grade A.I. ! It must be good!

I have few questions :

• Can you seat on a real chair with it ?
  • Did they throw away all the chairs on their offices ? Is it a Lex tyranny ?
  • I there balance issue ? Looks like to me you can fall back if you are not careful.
  • Is it just a gadget or can it be of any use for disable or old people ?

stool

7 Likes

That’s no accident. It was on purpose.

1 Like

There’s a lot of dismissing of this without really having any experience of it. Sure it’s not a radically new idea, but it seems a neat implementation. It will succeed or fail on whether it is actually any better than the alternatives, and if it is then it deserves to be taken seriously.

Please, less of the armchair criticism (pun not intended). It’s hard enough getting a venture off the ground as it is. (That said, some ventures really do deserve to fail at the concept state… Juicero for example)

2 Likes

Just add a zipper to the back of the pants. You do not need to look for toilet. Just unzip, sit down and …

2 Likes

And what happens if you lift a leg off the ground? Or sit cross-legged. Or try to put your feet up? I suspect a falling over in all such situations. So, rigidly sitting in the same position for any length of time to avoid falling off one’s wearable ‘chair’ is probably only for commuting, backpack-carrying, unable-to-take-off backpack or cannot-use-luggage-with-wheels young hipsters who think they’ve just invented the first wheel.

Are there patents? Will whoever has one on that BMW thing sue?

And it is not a chair. Chairs are what you sit in or on. Not balance on. Chairs do not require feet on the ground. It’s more like a kangaroo’s tail.

4 Likes

We have a lot of questions and the only thing I see on the indiegogo page is : “Deos [sic] the LEX requires battery?”

Again with those gadgets the most important is what to video DOESN’T show.

2 Likes

And what’s wrong with that, I axe yous?

3 Likes

I’d be tents about getting poison ivy.

2 Likes