Wearable chair

I can tell you don’t have lady parts. :wink:

ETA quote for clarity.

4 Likes

Thank you, I think…

2 Likes

Not you, daddy-o. Don’t think I ever gave any thought to your parts… until now, that is. :wink:

2 Likes

$400 for that?

If I need a chair-like device that’s easy to carry around, I’ll probably slip my Bookniture into my backpack. [Disclosure: I backed this on Kickstarter.] The strap on the front can hold the two covers together, so it doesn’t fold back up while you’re trying to sit on it.

Those ridiculous front-to-back zipper pants were ahead of their time, I guess.

4 Likes

There is another way?

1 Like

If you’re being chairitable… :grin:

3 Likes

Two things might make this a bad idea for those folks. The first is added weight while walking, and the second is overall stability of the chair. It would be interesting to see reviews of people who sat in this thing for hours to find out if this is glutes-friendly.

The video also missed an opportunity when the wearer got on the bus, because I wanted to see how it could be used in the scenario where there are no available seats.

3 Likes

No office with a decent safety policy would allow this. I remember working at a firm that sent back a shipment of chairs because they had less than five supports.

3 Likes

Like most people my first thought was that this seems impractical. But people were already pointing out all of the issues. Then I figured, maybe this isn’t for the average person but could be of use to certain people. My attempt to be chair-itable to this product.

With that pun I’m out of the office now for a long weekend.
[Straps on Chairable/Lex and lumbers awkwardly toward the door]
Wooooooo party!

ETA:

My first thought was what if there are empty seats but no place to self-chair? The way the extra legs stick out from the back of the thighs you have to take it off to sit on a standard seat.

2 Likes

It seems from the video upthread that @comedian posted that the BMW factory is down with it.

Still, some offices allow exercise balls as seating, so I’m not sure how that jives with OSHA, or what’s left of it in this administration.

2 Likes

I’ll bet the fines are probably less of a deterrent than injury lawsuits, but you’re right about this administration. Judges/courts probably aren’t ruling against corporations like they used to (not that they did it very often in the past).

1 Like

Article doesn’t mention how it plays when a bathroom break is needed.

BMW uses actual exoskeletons, health & safety approved and whatnot, to help with heavy lifting and such.
(I bet they also do some cool Alien-LARPing in their lunch break.)

2 Likes

Selling points include (a) it is stable!
Also (b) Encourages healthy sitting posture! (i.e. it’s not stable).

1 Like

My new invention lets you sit anywhere! I call it “the ground”.

4 Likes

I can envision a multitude of problems with that zipper, but, grrr, THERE ARE NO DOGDAMN POCKETS! I MEAN THEY HAD POCKETS BUT THEN THEY TOOK THEM AWAY! WTAF‽

1 Like

To be clear, I cannot imagine wearing those pants, on my own body. But, I remember being a kid in the 70s, and seeing women in those kinds of pants, and wondering how the heck it worked. For some reason, I want to say they were popular at the roller rink? Or maybe they were popular in a lot of places, but I really only saw grown up ladies (besides my mom, who would never have worn something that ridiculous) at the roller rink.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.