Wearality: 3D virtual reality glasses for your smartphone

[Permalink]

…And this is significantly different from Google cardboard, how?

The Wearality team has spent the last five years developing world-class technologies for virtual reality (VR) at Lockheed Martin for the defense and aerospace industry

And now they’re on KickStarter. So it’s like the “great day” has at least in part arrived, as it says in the old bumpersticker

( “it will be a great day when our schools get all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber.” )

1 Like

I’m still saving my money for the consumer version of the Rift. After spending almost a year with DK2, I am convinced that anything less than a dedicated VR device is just an unnecessary compromise.

1 Like

It looks like significantly-greater field of view, and so significantly-greater immersiveness. Wearing Google Cardboard is like looking at VR through a tunnel. This apparently removes the tunnel, though I haven’t tried it.

1 Like

This item is available on Amazon. Just search for “Virtual Reality Goggles” on Amazon.

Sign me up. I’m hip and cool and down with all the neato technology you kids these days are always talking about.

I have just one question: Is it backward-compatible with my Sports Illustrated football phone?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.