Weekend Tunes: Dread Zeppelin

I saw them at Berkeley (in the ballroom at the Student Center) in about 1991 or so. The show was fantastic and easily one of my top five shows ever.

1 Like

These guys did mashups before the internet made up the word mashup. And, well, before there was an internet as people today know it.

8 Likes

Ha! no Dred Zeppelin but I got the BDP card!
58%20PM

Came to the thread to say DZ was in regular rotation on Vanderbilt student radio, Nashville’s 90.1fm WRVU (may it rest in peace.)
I see i’m in good company, here : )

3 Likes

Go nuts: http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/05/stairways_to_he.html

(short-attention span stairway is a standout)

Dread Zeppelin is one of the best live performances I’ve seen. Easily in my top three shows.

3 Likes

I was a personal friend of their bassist, Joe Ramsey, a.k.a. Jah Paul Joe. His passing a few years ago
still hurts. He was also the founder of a great FB page, the UNHoF, dedicated to artists who should be in the Roack and Roll hall of fame, but aren’t. He was an ardent ELO fan, and I wish to GOD that Joe had lived to see the day they were finally inducted. RIP Joe.

9 Likes

My brother and I went to see almost every Bay Area appearance from 1995-2005. Amazing live shows and super nice folks. I’ve got a box of paraphenelia gleaned from what they’d toss into the audience. So many playing cards, poker chips, a petrified Hostess Ding Dong, and one pair of Butt Boy’s boxers (not thrown, but given to me upon request…albeit with one of the odder looks I’ve ever gotten).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.