Weird capsule carrying case to tote around big, live fish

Originally published at: Weird capsule carrying case to tote around big, live fish | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That must be pretty mind-blowing for the fish!

I bet they’re all - Wow! I can’t wait to get back and tell all the guys about this!

But sadly, that’s probly not going to happen…

:anguished:

14 Likes

That’s a barred knifejaw!
Thanks, Animal Crossing, for teaching me about fishies.

19 Likes

ELI5: Why the need to maintain pressure? If you just bought this fish at the market, it was (presumably) in an unpressurized pool. Or is this just to make sure there’s enough oxygen saturated into the water for the poor fellow?

7 Likes

I’m seeing an extra business opportunity for “pet fish” carriers. No longer will pet fish be confined to staring at the same four walls, they can join you on adventures!

Y’know…like cat carriers.

9 Likes

It’s probably a worthwhile investment if you own a restaurant in japan where you can charge a higher premium for a fresher fish. They could make up the cost of it within a few months.

2 Likes

I prefer the term “emotional support fish” thank you very much.

19 Likes

Not an entirely new concept.

8 Likes

Now I’m imagining a Far Side cartoon with a kid with a fish backpack passing a kid with a cat backpack…

10 Likes

…passing a fish with a kid backpack…

But seriously, this is just what I need for Bring Your Fish To Work Day.

5 Likes

Someone on Etsy already beat you to it.

(I’ll just show myself out now…)

5 Likes

This is cruel to the fish…

One up it by having the kid with a cat be a fish-person and the kid with a fish be a cat-person.

2 Likes

We all have a different set of objectives in deciding our everyday carry. Some people want to survive an earthquake, some want the freshest sushi possible.

4 Likes

I’m very curious about what kind of fish care about pressure but not about temperature. Possibly this case is meant to be placed in a rocket payload?

This… This is good.

7 Likes

I think you meant “sea kitten”

Bring Your Own Fish.

1 Like
1 Like

Or even better, the live action version from I’m Gonna Get You Sucka:

6 Likes