Weird moving light beam in sky sparks wonder in Miami (video)

Originally published at: Weird moving light beam in sky sparks wonder in Miami (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

sunlight reflecting off ice crystals that have been realigned by changes in the electric field within the cloud due to lightning.

which thus forces obquote (Men in Black, Kay):

All right, Beatrice, there was no alien. The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

5 Likes

That’s super cool and good on the local news people for actually explaining what it is! That was refreshing, as opposed to the “interview local conspiracy nut on the street” angle they usually take.

11 Likes

4 Likes

My first thought was it could be a big flashlight in space…

Whew!

4 Likes

you want Jewish Space Lasers™?
'cause that’s how you get Jewish Space Lasers™!
/s

9 Likes

A sign from Uncle Walt’s cryogenically preserved head that justice will be served on DeSantis.

I’ve heard meteorologists completely geek out over rare weather stuff. This guy is pretty reserved, but I find it enduring when they get excited.

Project Blue Beam! A third rate conspiracy theory.

I never realized until now how silly it is that Sauron’s eye works like a flashlight.

1 Like

Ah, yes, but: the only time they do the ‘reasonable explanation’ thing is when it was really aliens. It’s obvious when you think about it…

1 Like

I’m not saying it was aliens… But it was aliens.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.