Welcome to BBS, our new discussion boards

Hey lookee! Thanks!

Although, there are times I would really like to not be notified if someone responds to my post. I guess choosing what I pay attention to is the best option for that outcome.

That is how it works. If you have muted the topic you won’t be notified of anything in that topic any more, including replies to your posts in the topic. Hence, “mute”.

1 Like

I hope this is the right place to post my displeasure with the change in comments to articles. I usually use an iPad for browsing, so this may not apply the desktop site.

I am annoyed at how much more effort it takes to comment on a story. First I must load a second page with comments, where the original article cannot be read so it cannot be referenced or copied from. The reply button is at the bottom of the comments, which requires much scrolling and pausing as the comments are loaded. The preview, being beside the text entry panel, makes the text entry are small and the buttons difficult to use.

You have made commenting on articles harder, more time consuming, less intuitive, and less convenient. See no upside, unless, perhaps my complaints are seen as benefits.

The reply button is intentionally at the bottom of the topic. The idea is that one would read the other posts in the topic first before replying in order to reduce duplication of thoughts and let others be heard. That said, you can simply tap the right half of the topic progress meter at the bottom right to move instantly to the bottom of the topic. And of course if you are replying to a particular post in the topic, tap the reply button on that post itself.

You can also hide the editor preview by tapping the hide link in the lower right of the editor, when the editor is visible. This preference is saved in your browser’s local storage.