'Wellness Guru' Belle Gibson lied about having brain cancer, profited from lying about bogus cancer cures

This sort of thing is way more common than convictions would lead you to believe.

Never heard of ā€˜Belleā€™ and what she did was pretty shitty. But the person who wrote this article isnā€™t helping either by stating that ā€˜naturalā€™/ā€˜alternativeā€™ remedies donā€™t work to treat cancer. Thatā€™s a fairly ignorant statement to make and the author is essentially being a hypocrite by making claims about ā€˜naturalā€™/ā€˜alternativeā€™ remedies that they clearly havnā€™t done any substantial research into. Yeah sheā€™s emotional but thatā€™s not an excuse. Especially when there is a ton of scientific data that contradicts the statements the author of the article made. Both weed and Vitamin-C have been proven to kill cancer. Weed induces the programmed cell death of cancer and vitamin-c, when taken intravenously at high doses causes cancer death. Those are a scientific facts, not opinion. It has also been proven and recently verified by the scientific community that fasting for 3 days or longer completely reboots the human immune system and triggers stem cell growth. All three of those ā€˜alternativeā€™ remedies have been proven by the scientific community. And those ā€˜natural/alternativeā€™ remedies have been proven to work well with chemo and surgery. Thereā€™s no reason why you canā€™ use every method to fight cancer. Just because ā€˜Belleā€™ lied about having cancer doesnā€™t mean everything she wrote or talked about is now bogus.

Can you please cite your sources for the studies/data proving these treatments work?

3 Likes

Amazing. Bette was sloppy. She got caught. But her going leaves a gap in the market, and another moves straight in.

I will not sit and have you go unchallenged. If you have this ā€˜ton of evidenceā€™ for your alternative therapy you must quite your sources. Claiming them as ā€˜proven scientific factsā€™ is not good enough. I did not kill my partner of 35 years with bowel cancer because I would not pay for your special herbal mix of weed and vitamin C. She would not have our money to people who see weakness and fear as a business opportunity. I would have spared the money if it would have helped her feel better even if it went to the likes of you, but she was stronger than that.

This is really not the place nor the time for some sock-puppet to start pushing their own ā€˜alternativeā€™ cures. I am really am not sure if you are capable of feeling shame or regret or sympathy; you just seem to see us as your God-given lawful prey, and I doubt if there is anything I can do or say that will convince you that you are not entitled to take money for people with cancer just because you can. So, there is nothing we can usefully say to each other. Goodbye.

But do consider doing something else for a living. For your own sake, if not for ours.

6 Likes

Everything you just said is a lie.

The question is, do you know youā€™re lying, or are you just too stupid or lazy to know the difference between truth and highly-lucrative lies?

2 Likes

ā€œBlack Salveā€? Do you purchase that from Interzone?

2 Likes

For me, that is my Image of the Week. Great stuff.

1 Like

http://whatstheharm.net/index.html

This site is documenting the harm caused by alternative medicine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.