We're officially getting a Joker sequel

2 Likes

It made money, so of course there’s going to be a sequel. I wonder what underappreciated gem of yesteryear they’re going to be inspired by this time?
It’s funny how you can cash in on being creatively bankrupt.
(For what it’s worth, Joker is not a bad film. It’s just not a particularly good film either. I have no desire to reexperience it and will likely only watch a new one when my brother adds it to my Vudu account.)

I suspect it will have the classic sequel problem of trying to continue a finished story. Of course, he didn’t die at the end or anything, but I just don’t see them going forward in an interesting way.

2 Likes

Thanks! You have validated my choice. In case I’m ever with people and tempted to weaken, I’ll suggest any other Joaquin Phoenix film I haven’t seen.

2 Likes

I could watch Inherent Vice all day, every day.

4 Likes

I guess I need to see King of Comedy. I do like Taxi Driver, though. It definitely had Taxi Driver vibes, so I will have to see King of Comedy to see its influence.

1 Like

It goes a bit further than influence.

“Rupert Pupkin is a delusional and aspiring stand-up comedian trying to launch his career. After meeting Jerry Langford, a successful comedian and talk-show host, Rupert believes his “big break” has finally come. He attempts to book a spot on Langford’s show, but is continually rebuffed by his staff, particularly Cathy Long, and finally by Langford himself. Along the way, Rupert indulges in elaborate and obsessive fantasies in which he and Langford are colleagues and friends.”

If they hadn’t rebranded it as a Joker film it could almost pass as a remake.

2 Likes

snl season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.