Werner Herzog's brutally honest motivational posters

[Permalink]

1 Like

I’m reminded of the last time I saw some motivational posters- on one wall was one that said “COMMUNICATION” and had some words about building bridges instead of walls. Immediately adjacent was one that said “TEAMWORK”… and featured a picture of the Great Wall of China.

11 Likes

Reminds me of these:

7 Likes

They’ve never really been improved on.

4 Likes

I think there’s some intentional subtle humor - the kind of stuff that the people who would un-ironically purchase them would miss - put in the real motivational posters by whoever makes them.

I saw this one in a thrift store a few days ago (my phone didn’t manage a good picture):

Individuality: Have courage and follow your own path.

If you’ve seen March of the Penguins (or just know about penguins), you know “following your own path” is a recipe for certain death, if you’re a penguin in winter.

9 Likes

Who needs a chicken… I can get the same effect with a mirror…

2 Likes

Yeah, those were popular a decade ago by the type of managers who felt that being comically cynical would endear himself with the team by reminding them that he too was a cog in the machine.

1 Like

May actually work for me.

2 Likes

Even with an image macro?

I’m tired of chickens–
we never know what they think,
and they look at us with dry eyes
as though we were unimportant.

– Pablo Neruda
A Certain Weariness

And its true. They do. Because we are.

But it’s awfully hard to take that from a damn chicken.

– Greg Brown
Canned Goods (Live)

6 Likes

Thank you for this! I was getting so tired of Herzog’s quotable but incorrect comment. Neruda has it right.

1 Like

He’s got a thing about dinosaurs.

2 Likes

“Okay team, just remember, we are all cogs in a soulless, grinding machine… grinding…”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.