West Virginia governor wants Nazi saluting corrections cadets fired

anti-facist-spencer-punch|nullxnull

4 Likes

Even in WV (maybe especially in WV) that is pretty much not plausible for anyone past elementary school age, and that is probably generous. Nonetheless, the game is deniability. But she is not playing it well.

ETA: WVians have historically had incredibly high military participation, and when I lived there, enough WWII vets were still around that any nazi related assholes tended to be shut down (forcefully) with great speed and extreme prejudice. Things may have changed in the quarter century since I left, but I doubt the memory has faded that much.

2 Likes

Never mind that racism has often been achieved by people with no overt motivation or intent. A lot of people have needed to be told that something they just did and have been doing their whole life was racist.

Such a strange statement for them to make. “I’m not racist but…” exists for a reason.

1 Like

5 Likes

At least the first two required some amount of cognition to associate the symbols to the cause.

Now all we have is a half-sentence written on an item of sports-gear which allows 45 to walk outside when it’s windy without his frail ego being decimated by naturally-occurring hair loss (which it shouldn’t…I’m hitting early 40s and losing it at the top but you’ll never see me with a comb-over (you trade hair for experience it seems to me)).

Be best.

2 Likes

“The Lord only made a certain number of perfect heads. The rest he had to cover with hair.” – Me (maybe, but frequently quoted.)

Corollary: With that bad a combover, his is obviously not one of the perfect ones! Bad!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.