West Virginia Secretary of State candidate bitten by snake while removing own campaign signs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/21/west-virginia-secretary-of-state-candidate-bitten-by-snake-while-removing-own-campaign-signs.html

4 Likes

“Route 119? You mean Snake Street?” -DIGBY WALLACE, LINT SWEEPER

lol

Other street in W Va to not place political signage:

12 Likes

Has anybody confirmed if the snake is okay?

13 Likes

Hmm, Wikipedia says this guy was a Democratic member of the West Virginia House of Delegates who just switched parties in October to run for Secretary of State as a Republican. Maybe the snake was some manifestation of karmic energy.

13 Likes

I don’t know anything about this candidate or thier campaign.

I just want to say I applaud any candidate for picking up thier signs after any election, win or lose.

Our local candidates are horrible about taking down thier signs.

Should be a law that’s enforced. Five days after an election they should be all gone.

Definitely four years after a election.

11 Likes

Came to say the same thing. I may not vote for the guy…know nothing about his politics or platform. But good on him for cleaning up after himself and not just leaving the signs to moulder indefinitely like most folks around here do. I post signs for the folks I support and always make sure they come down. That is, when fans of the other folks don’t take them down preemptively for me.

5 Likes

Bobs Burgers Someone GIF

15 Likes

s-l400

West Virginia, I know, I know

9 Likes

I know, right? How does the snake feel about unintentionally turning cannibal? blink

7 Likes

Snakes on a campaign?!

11 Likes

Meh, clearly my keyboard spelling assist follows a strict i before e except after c rule.

I’ll look into it.

6 Likes

Does Professional Courtesy mean nothing these days?

8 Likes

Local campaigners have always returned to our place to retrieve their signs, but uncharacteristically, Rashida Tlaib did not. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I always liked the history around the Gadsden flag. The use by the Continental Army, Navy, and Marines are various times. The history of the use of rattlesnake symbols during the American Revolution.

But now I find myself with guys I knew in school, who did not pay attention or gave two shits during American history class, are way too into this old flag as some kind of Libertarian paraphernalia. The dumbest a**holes latched onto this, a symbol of unifying colonies into a new government, when they often carry some extreme anti-government beliefs. And in general either don’t understand or outright reject philosophical concepts of civilization and government like the social contract. They dudes need to read more John Locke and less Ayn Rand. But that’s too hard. And switch to flying the Jolly Roger, but even those guys were fairly democratic and accepted sailors of any race.

My favorite variant:

8 Likes

At least with her, it’s probably safe to assume many signs were posted on her behalf by someone else. When I see the local school district election signs lingering, I get ornery toward those candidates who likely either posted them on their own or had friends/family help.

2 Likes

Congratulations, Doug, on surviving the Republican Party initiation!

4 Likes

I before E, except after C or when sounded as A, as in neighbor and weigh. And weird is just weird. :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.