Westeros: trailer for spoof Thrones spinoff set in their equivalent to the 21st century

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/08/29/westeros-trailer-for-spoof-th.html

3 Likes

OK - I totally want this to be real.

15 Likes

Semi-related: I was disappointed when Starcraft came out and it wasn’t the same universe as Warcraft but set in the future. I’d love to see more franchises, whether they’re video games or movies/tv shows, set much farther in the future. Except Highlander II. That wasn’t necessary.

5 Likes

I would watch the hell out of this.

I could totally see this being on netflix or something…

4 Likes

I smell awesomeness.

3 Likes

That had the sauce.

I’m also interested in this:

1 Like

I think I’ll wait for the Aaron Sorkin adaptation The Westeros Wing.

11 Likes

Or Westerosworld, with Yul Brenner as a gunslinger.

8 Likes

Maybe Once Upon a Time in the Westeros, the Sergio Leone version (with Ennio Morricone soundtrack, of course).

7 Likes

Does anybody remember the NBC show Kings from back in 2009?

It was basically this exact premise, a supernatural modern political drama. Ian McShane played the king, and was amazing as always.

It got cancelled after one season, because it was several years too early for the “Prestige Television” era, and because the network didn’t really know what to do with it. It was really good though, I think you can still stream it via Hulu.

3 Likes

Watched prepared to hate this. Now I need it.

I didn’t care one way or the other before, but now I want Confederate to fall through so Weiss and Benioff have some free time on their hands. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I do not know of this film you speak of. It doesn’t exist.

I repeat, it doesn’t exist. :wink:

9 Likes

How about “A Million Ways to Die in the Westeros”, but this time as a comedy with Seth MacFarlane.
Oh, sorry for the spoiler. :grimacing:

2 Likes

But according to the timeline of human civilization in Westeros aren’t they actually long past their 21st century?

1 Like

oh, i think you’ll get your wish there :wink:

2 Likes

Pretty sure they mean a future in which their civilization has industrialized and achieved comparable technological development to our own.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.