What commercial do you hate the most?

I HATED, HATED, HATED this sock monkey commercial! Seriously, IMHO it is the worst commercial I have ever seen .

1 Like

Sorry! We’re all subject to it now. :angry:

1 Like

Everything with: “Talk to your doctor…”

5 Likes

Spence Diamonds. If you know, you know. It’s a series of radio ads for a jewellery store in my hometown of Calgary (possibly some other places too). I think it’s the owner who does a lot of the ads and he is annoying but more annoying is the unapologetic “how much you love a person is tied directly to how much you spend on an engagement ring so you’d better spend a lot” message.

Updated to add: oh, apparently Spence realized that everyone hates their ads and has changed their strategy. Wise.

2 Likes

It really is. So many great book stores (including one that has a wine bar), places to buy art, places to eat, you can tour the Moog factory, great hiking/outdoors activities nearby, etc, etc. I will say, the place has gotten more expensive to visit lately…

It’s called literally any country that isn’t the USA.

7 Likes

All of them.

3 Likes

My answer to this question was simply: YES

1 Like

I did, and never see TV commercials except at holidays when visiting family.
On the first day of the visit it is a literal psychical and mental assault that I can’t emphasize enough.
After 3 days I’m numb and no longer notice them consciously unless they have some stand out aspect.

I wonder how much my brain is rewired in that short period of exposure?

2 Likes

I noticed that too.

No tv, I take extreme measures on my pc and phone.

I go over to a buddy’s place and his kids have the TV on, happily signing along with commercials.

The absolute density and uselessness of tv commercials is awful.

Every time I use someone else’s pc or watch tv the advertizing makes my skin crawl. And it really does feel like some kind of socially acceptable brain washing.

It’s disgusting and foul.

3 Likes

For me the initial exposure is painful and sometimes I feel like I will have an anxiety attack if I don’t get away. But to be honest never have actually had such an attack. But it sure makes me aware what an assault on the senses it is.

FYI: I grew up in a home that always had the TV on and it wasn’t until my 20’s that I made a choice to break from those familial habits.

3 Likes

Yep. Even when I had tv, I recorded any commercial tv programs so I could fast-forward through the commercials. I’ve grown accustomed to not seeing commercials, as it’s been decades since I’ve had to sit through them.

2 Likes

Do not use Vlaxygil if you are allergic to Vlaxygil. Do not apply to genitals.

4 Likes

If you experience a sore throat or blinking too often while taking Vlaxygil, this is a sign of a serious reaction. Call yoir doctor right away.

5 Likes

Symptoms may include death or disembowelment or both.

6 Likes

Reminds me of every birth control pill/iud commercial you see on tv

“Birth control pills do not prevent HIV or other STDs, what are you stupid?”

2 Likes

I’m reminded of the character in the William Gibson novel Pattern Recognition who was so psychologically sensitized to advertising that she had to have all the labels and logos removed from her clothing, lest it induce an attack.

2 Likes

I used to remove all the labels; I hated being a walking billboard for companies.

2 Likes

There are ads on youtube? I’ve never seen one, unless there was a sponsor shout out in the middle of the video. uBlock Origin and Privacy badger.

I’ve never used any of the youtube apps on my android tv devices or the Roku TV I bought cause the old dumb tv died.

Now as to ads. I for some reason really hate the GrubHub one with the flutes and fat people dancing.

As for my favorite. A few people I know had nightmares over some of the House of Guitar ads, there are a bunch of them, here’s one from 1979

These fucking things.

Agreed.

1 Like