What did Santa really look like?

[Permalink]

Excellent article that you dug up, Maggie. I’ve copied it to read later. I’ve watched the reconstruction shows on Tut, and so on. If there is historical info on someone, I think the guesses might be better on the soft tissue, based on ethnicity and the like, but it’s still a guess.
As to buccal fat, I’m assuming that’s even more difficult. Will check back later.

According to an eye witness:

"He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
A bundle of Toys he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler, just opening his pack.

His eyes-how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow.

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook when he laughed, like a bowlful of jelly!

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself!
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread."

Apparently mommy was kissing him. Wait until daddy finds out!

What? Megyn Kelly just settled this issue a few days ago. For the kids. Santa was a white man, just like Jesus. Of course Santa was a white man!!!

What do you mean “was”?

Oops! Sorry bout that, kids.

Eh, that ship sailed. This is, after all, an article about forensics done on Santa’s skeleton. Also, despite the “Because magic” argument, there is always http://www.daclarke.org/Humour/santa.html

There has even been a documentary film.

Uh, well he was, he just wasn’t as white as Megyn Kelly would like to think.

Wow, mommy gets around… I saw her kissing Yog Sothoth.

And what about dinosaur reconstruction?

Maggie,

Sinter Klause waaay predate St. Nicholas. St. Nick was just a tool used to swing all the follower of the prechristian old god over to the cool new god.

One thing I’d like to see on those History Channel-type documentaries is a simple demonstration to give us an idea of how accurate the models are likely to be. Before tackling (say) King Tutankhamen, forensic experts should show a few “reconstructions” using skulls from people who were photographed while they were still alive, but whose images were not made available to the forensic experts until afterward.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.