What does the rest of the Pringles guy look like?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/08/what-does-the-rest-of-the-pringles-guy-look-like.html

3 Likes

They may be a “garbage snack” but that’s some good garbage. Especially the salt and vinegar ones.

8 Likes

Rule 34

12 Likes

An the Pringles account answered us 7 minutes ago.

4 Likes

dang, i was totally on board with the dad-bod one in the middle. i mean, eating Pringles is how i got my own dad-bod, so it just checks out.

1 Like

Gene Wolfe

@doctorow took this photo.

7 Likes

I like this artist’s take. It’s amazing what you can do with a can of snack chips and an X-acto blade.

11 Likes

I was kind of hoping the Pringles people would put forward more effort than that, their mascot isn’t even wearing a tie. Maybe he’s just getting less fussy about his wardrobe in the era of social distancing.

Plus he’s bald now? I thought he was supposed to be rocking an old-school “Aristocrat” haircut rather than a pair of bushy eyebrows. The original Pringles art supports this.

4 Likes

Gene worked on the machine that made the crisps. I don’t think he had anything to do with the packaging.

A distant relative of mine was the guy whose claim to fame was that he engineered the form factor of Pringles chips. Very creative guy. Visiting his house as a child was fun because there was pringles memorabilia all over the otherwise staid house. I haven’t heard of his death but I expect he will figure out a way to make it even more memorable than putting his ashes in the Pringle can.

1 Like

Meh. It was more fun not knowing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. It was a zero-effort letdown. But then, it’s pretty in line with how lame the other posts John Oliver showed from them were. Low effort, and not funny.

If they wanted to show him at home on lockdown instead of dressed up, they should have had it not just be some random house, or maybe played with it more - had a wife and kids as well. Lame all around.

2 Likes

Edit: I should have watched the video before posting :rofl:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.