What is a Supervillain? A new entry in the Historical Dictionary of Science Fiction

Originally published at: What is a Supervillain? A new entry in the Historical Dictionary of Science Fiction | Boing Boing

1 Like

superscience n. … science beyond what is possible based on known laws

“known laws” such as…

§ 2-207. A definite and seasonable expression of acceptance or a written confirmation which is sent within a reasonable time operates as an acceptance even though it states terms additional to or different from those offered or agreed upon, unless acceptance is expressly made conditional on assent to the additional or different terms.

no science shall be tolerated where unknown laws prevail! --the punisher

5 Likes

Just yesterday I finished a book that’s ~2/3 in the first person about a budding supervillain.

It seemed long… turns out it was 7000 pages. No regrets! For a much shorter supervillain story let me recommend “Soon I Will Be Invincible” by Austin Grossman (brother of the Magicians author Lev and the 3d printer artist Bathsheba – what a family!).

2 Likes

6 Likes

But unfortunately not the only stereotype there. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Can also recommend the “Confessions of a D-list Supervillain” series by Jim Bernheimer

It’s all in the presentation.

2 Likes

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.