What is a switch, how does it work, and why are they usually clicky?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/13/what-is-a-switch-how-does-it.html

4 Likes

:smiley:

7 Likes

no silly a switch is a person likes to use whips in latex or alternatively switch and get whipped in latex. and the reason they are clicky is because thats just what fetish circles are are like.

4 Likes

I figured someone would go there for me :smiley:

2 Likes

One of my new favorite channels. He did a great series about how television works.

One really informative recent one was about how in room air conditioners suck compared to window units (ones that sit completely outside the home are really the best).

Oh I also liked this one where he explains that in room space heaters are all the same. that theres no way for one to physically make any more heat than another. (best they can do is maybe blow it in a specific direction)

4 Likes

It has arrived in my crosshairs as well- and the series I really got into was this one on the history of Laserdisc:

2 Likes

EqualSereneCapeghostfrog-size_restricted

7 Likes

Oh hi

3 Likes

That’s weird; I thought a “switch” was someone who goes ‘top’ or ‘bottom.’

5 Likes

That’s weird; I thought a switch was what granny hit Jethro with all the time. Granny

5 Likes

I clicked on this thinking it was a Barstool “How To” article penned by Adrian Peterson…

That’s “vers”

(though that whole concept is blatantly homophobic if you ask me)

1 Like

Assuming an appropriate window shape or the permission to attach stuff to your exterior walls, sure.

M’kay.

Um… I wasn’t just referring to one type of sexuality; there are tops and bottoms in hetero sex too.

3 Likes

Right. That’s part of his video. Sometimes you have no choice. But if you do go for the window model or at least the (harder to find) two tube in room version because the in room ones with one tube create a vacuum in the room and end up sucking in hot air from elsewhere in you house or outdoors.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered (but not seriously enough to do, y’know, actual research) how old the “top/bottom” terminolgy has been in use. Specifically - was Cole Porter making an explicitly sexual reference in his 1934 song “You’re the Top”? Every time I hear the line “But if, baby, I’m the bottom / You’re the top!” it cracks me up.

Now, I know that Cole Porter was gay, and as far out of the closet as it was practical to be in the 1930s; I also know that he was very fond of innuendo and a lot of his songs are dirtier than they appear on first listen. I just don’t know whether I’m noticing the joke or imagining it.

3 Likes

I’m also not curious enough to have that query in my browser history.

4 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking.

3 Likes
1 Like

It used to be truth and beauty-- to go along with charm and strangeness.

2 Likes