What is "Looksmaxxing", and does it work?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/04/what-is-looksmaxxing-and-does-it-work.html

1 Like

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

16 Likes

The name incel was originally made up for people who had genuine trouble forming connections with other people – it was actually named by a woman. At this point, though, it’s been entirely taken over male supremacists who even might have relationships, but want subservience. If this is their thing, I doubt introversion comes into it.

Also, maybe parody magazines in old newspaper comics aren’t the best place to get your ideas.

Calvin and Hobbes April 24 1995

15 Likes

Why you gotta bring introverts into this? Introverts are not out there looking for extra attention quite the opposite in fact.

17 Likes

It’s easy- just stop being introverted.

Thanks for the great tip! /s

15 Likes

7zitxq6

13 Likes

Important to remember: introversion and social anxiety are not the same thing.

I’m definitely introverted, but I have no difficulty in reaching out to people and socializing. I just need some alone time after hanging out with people, to charge my emotional and mental batteries.

12 Likes

holy (un?)natural selection batman!

literally breaking your facial bones with a hammer is recommended

1 Like

The secret is that you need to use a magical golden hammer like the one in Wreck It Ralph.

face-hammer

5 Likes

Nope. You can’t improve on perfection.

4 Likes

Look, Smax!

Smax1

I’m "Look, Smax"ing right now.

4 Likes

I tried being not introverted today. We went to something called Nerd Fest, and I talked with a writer who was selling copies of his self-published novel. Very pleased I got out of my own way and had a nice conversation, despite my anxiety.

Didn’t realize I could accomplish the same just by breaking my facial bones. So… there’s a happy thought… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

and does it work?

6 Likes

Looksmaxxing = Stupid

4 Likes

I think this is the S-Max you’re looking for.

6 Likes

Yeah, stick it in the same place as foot-binding and removing ribs.

5 Likes

And phrenology, of course. Because at the root of this nonsense is the usual right-wing obsession over skull shape.

3 Likes

Nazi #2, “I just can’t think of anything good about a skull.”
Hans, “What about Pure Aryan Skull Shape?!”
Nazi #2, “Even that is normally depicted with the skin on.”

7 Likes
4 Likes

Ironically, that “chad skull” describes my head quite accurately, and I’m very much not some macho womanizer trampling weaker men under my sandaled feet. :smiley:

2 Likes