What is this "censored" island that appears on Google Earth?

If you play geogessr and roam around Europe much, you will see tons of houses blurred out. I assume people do it in other parts of the world too, but it seems to be much more common in Europe to request this.

That said, I doubt this is a censored image, because if it was they would just blur it.

5 Likes

The earth is a giant ouija board and that’s just where the giant ghosts have pushed the planchette.

8 Likes

Trees just want some privacy…I don’t blame 'em:

21 Likes

Or Season 2 of Squid Game!

4 Likes

A three hour tour. A three hour tour!

12 Likes

Zuckerberg’s secret volcano lair, naturally.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Wait, is that a map of Tasmania?

7 Likes

Is this some Aussie joke, like referring to Florida as “America’s wang”?

And all this time when I heard someone say “the Australian bush” I thought they meant something else.

3 Likes

Animated GIF

6 Likes

I was referring to the Amanda Palmer song celebrating body autonomy, but yeah it is slang.

1 Like

The song is named after the slang…

4 Likes

For some real censored islands, try pulling up the Paracel islands on Google Earth

2 Likes

It’s always aliens.
Even when it isn’t aliens, it was aliens.

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

2 Likes

It was the myth of fingerprints

2 Likes

It’s Vostok Island and the dumbest thing is whoever posted it was not serious about thinking it was somehow weird or censored, because if you literally zoom in a bit, you can see it’s like really dark forest or something.

1 Like

Dammit, they keep this up, they’ll discover the spaceship!!

Or just find a better image.

Vostok

5 Likes

I found one of these in the Carribean last year and thought I’d found some conspiracy.

(what’re they hiding and why?)

It was an international aquatic wildlife preserve.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.