What is this mysterious massive container that washed up on a Florida beach?

Religious artifact.

8 Likes

A big sea monster shit that brick when it ran into something larger?

1 Like

Awwww shit mah weed

3 Likes

Kaiju clutch purse.

4 Likes

It is a diamond-floatsumium alloy, very rare and most certainly not of this world.

1 Like

While a half-decent metalworker with a plasma torch or oxy-acetylene rig could certainly cut it up, there are probably concerns about what it contains, which if flammable makes any sort of cutting operation potentially explosive, not to mention contamination issues. Best to haul it off to somewhere it can be properly emptied, sectioned, and scrapped.

3 Likes

Spaceflight industry waste?

1 Like

Hmmm… “elsewhere.”

Yes, it will be towed out of the environment. Simple, really.

2 Likes

Hold folks, wait for Spock, where’s Spock?

WHERE’S SPOCK…!

4 Likes

I wonder what the optimum shape for large mysterious objects is. The silver monoliths of 2020 got news but were too obviously imitative of those from Spacy Odyssey. But this does look rather like a random rusty container that fell off the boat—or was the boat.

I was thinking spheres, but people would think it was a Target-themed advertising campaign.

Eggs. I think it’s eggs.

Just feel that there’s a lot of opportunity here for someone to do something really unsettling. Tap into all that Anxiety Capital.

11 Likes

“Elsewhere,” as in, “out of my jurisdiction and therefore no longer my problem.”

1 Like

Kaiju egg. Watch out for mama.

3 Likes

You’re gonna need a bigger boat.

3 Likes

Pretty sure that it is just a boring old dredge/fill pipeline pontoon that got loose. Whoever salvages it can just resell it, or sell it for scrap.
I’m apparently not allowed to include links or images yet, but you can see similar pontoons at omega-industries .com/products/dredging

12 Likes

Used by Aquaphibians for ritual purposes.

2 Likes

New Zealand’s the place for you then.

8 Likes

if you watch the video they say it is empty, so i don’t think they are worried about that.

1 Like

Who needs dynamite? Just put that torch onto it, the hell with whatever gasses might be trapped inside.

At least once a month in high school some dofus in the automotive shop started cutting into a old gas tank or barrel with not so unexpected results.

4 Likes

Just get some jet fuel. As all sheeple know, jet fuel melts steel beams on contact.

3 Likes

I did RTFA, but as someone who does metalworking as a hobby, I also know that “Empty” often just means it doesn’t have obvious contents. If it was a ballast or fuel tank, it’s certainly got contaminants and couid be filled with inflammable and potentially explosive fumes. Standard procedure for scrapping such is to pump out any liquid contents and dispose of properly, then fill with an inert gas or water, then cut. A quick search on “cutting tank explodes” turns up quite a few examples of “empty” vessels blowing up. Getting it off the beach and moving it to where it can be properly handled is very much the right thing to do here.

7 Likes