What is this thing?

Originally published at: What is this thing? | Boing Boing

It’s a child proof outlet cover with an alarm?

4 Likes
2 Likes

Nope. That’s a really good guess, though!
It’s a microwave s’mores maker…no thank you.

6 Likes

In pre-Internet days you had to call in the celebrity experts to answer this question.

5 Likes

Ooh ooh I know what it is.

It’s clickbait designed to drive artificial engagement to make the line on the chart go up and to the right.

38 Likes

First reaction: Is it some sort of s’mores maker? Because it looks like a melted chocolate bar with melted marshmallows. Second reaction: That doesn’t make any sense, though, especially with that form factor. I dunno.

Holy shit, I’m right. But now I’m really confused, because I can’t see how the heck that actually works.

Ah, it’s basically just a clip to hold s’mores together when you microwave them. LOL, how absurd.

3 Likes

I had seen the device previously with the label of what it did and looking at it today i had a vague recollection of the function but not precisely what it was for.

Not a huge fan of smores, they’re too sweet for me but if i was going to go through the trouble of making them i would prefer to at least roast the mallows by fire.

6 Likes

Whatever it is, it’s available for a low low price at the BoingBoing shop!

20 Likes

Looks like a watering can and a bar of chocolate hooked up, and their kid became a DJ.

15 Likes

I would have guessed some kind of super counterintuitive cinnamon toast maker. Far off enough to be wrong, but not far off enough to be hilariously wrong.

2 Likes

7 Likes

blind reply: napkin/utensil caddy?

edit: oh, wow so the middle is just there for no practical reason
?

wait wait wait. water reservoir?! This should win… some kind of award.

2 Likes

They should have a Turnip Prize, but for products.

this is how i picture it working

my-cooking-skills-summarized-homer-simpson-microwave-gif-animation

18 Likes

My 13 yr old has one. It works super well. Not as good as the old fashioned way, but that’s not always an option.

1 Like

Because if you use the microwave for that, you will get the food equivalent of napalm. As soon as it liquefies, it will become very sticky and literally start to burn.

If I were to design a microwave smores maker it would have to have something that allows for a gradual heating process.

Maybe next up they should design something that gets all parts of the Hot Pocket to the same temperature.

3 Likes

Landfill.

6 Likes

Mr. Potatohead does ‘Ozymandias’…?

3 Likes

I guessed it was for squeezing out used tea bags and then storing them in a bin at the back, but the mystery has already been ruined otherwise

2 Likes