What is this weird animal that looks like the unholy offspring of a fox and a wolf but has a mane, long legs, and stinks of weed?

1 Like

The video clip below has been making the rounds online with some people insisting it’s CGI.

I guess I won’t shame them for not knowing what a maned wolf is (though it’s one of those things I really thought you’d have to be living under a rock not to know about), but I will shame them for thinking “extra-leggy fox” is so bizarre that if THEY didn’t know about it, there’s no WAY it could possibly be real. Wait until they learn capybaras or platypuses exist, they’ll go full on “birds are fake”-level conspiracy theorist.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Kinda, but much, much more relaxed.

1 Like

They’re not weird, they’re beautiful!

(audio in Portuguese but the auto translation is decent for most of the video)

5 Likes

Holy Fudge! That beasty is awesome! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

… the Amazing Spider-Wolf :spider_web:

3 Likes

I love the strut in that gif; it syncs up rather nicely with…

2 Likes

Wikipedia says that they don’t have the right number of chromosomes to interbreed with other canids. Which is kind of a pity because I’d love to see what would happen if one of those doggos hooked up with one of these doggos (granted, it would probably require a ladder).

Short-haired-Dachshund

4 Likes

It really is a shame. We know what would happen if it could mate with a Corgi, and that would just be too damned adorable.

[edit] lol, came back to add the meme, just in case someone didn’t know.

2 Likes

Yup, that would be a sight to see.

2 Likes

Lowrider dogs!

lowrider gsimfab GIF by GSI

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.