What is this weird animal that looks like the unholy offspring of a fox and a wolf but has a mane, long legs, and stinks of weed?

Originally published at: What is this weird animal that looks like the unholy offspring of a fox and a wolf but has a mane, long legs, and stinks of weed? | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Sounds like more people need to get the National Geographic Animal Encyclopedia. They’re right there on page 53! (maybe they flipped right past to the “wolf” page, rookie mistake…)

The caption, if not readable, says: “When hunting, it taps the ground with its front paw to startle prey, then pounces”

19 Likes

Those are in south America in a tomb Raider game IIRC

3 Likes

28 Likes

Came here to say “sorry, that was me” - but this is much better

10 Likes

Does Herschel Walker want to change his vote now? This looks a whole lot more badass than a damn werewolf.

1 Like

I know those leggy boys. They are absolutely adorable.

4 Likes

It’s called a fathier. Don’t y’all go to the movies?

1 Like

Of course it looks mysterious when it has been recorded on VHS tape.

5 Likes

if it can stand on its hind legs that might explain all the rantings about dog-men that you hear from the tinfoil hat crowd.

1 Like

I recognized it from my kids watching “Go Diego Go” (a Dora the Explorer spinoff).

6 Likes

It looks a LOT like I always imagined Gene Wolfe’s alzabo creature to look, from his Book of the New Sun, if perhaps a bit smaller. “Father, let me in!!”

1 Like

Also known as “fox on stilts”.

3 Likes

is a weed fox anything like a cocaine bear?

4 Likes

That’s where I learned about pink river dolphins!

2 Likes

Lookit them gams! That thing’s like a sexy hyena.

7 Likes

That’s a chupacabra. A small one.

4 Likes

fox on stilts!

4 Likes

9 Likes

Ah, Lobo-Guará…

5 Likes