"What is your biggest regret?" — people share theirs in this 3-minute animated video

Originally published at: "What is your biggest regret?" — people share theirs in this 3-minute animated video - Boing Boing

2 Likes

The last one … “I don’t think I have any regrets …” [because they made me who I am now]. I get that, but I also know that while I can see that long, sometimes painful chain of events that got me to here and now, having regrets over some of those events doesn’t mean I would change them.

A few regrets …

Wasting my leave when I was in the USAF to go back to that hell hole where I grew up instead of traveling around on military hops for stupidly cheap prices.

Getting married at 21 because we were both lonely (and horny.)

Spending 13 years in a bad polyamorous relationship. (I didn’t know it was bad – or an abusive situation – until I was in a good one.)

Not saying “yes” often enough when I had more time ahead of me.

Not figuring out my gender until I was in my mid 40’s.

Not starting my transition sooner.

Not kissing Bal the last time I saw him alive … not telling him “I love you,” although I know he knew. (Yes, I’d kissed him before, but I didn’t know he was going to leave camp that evening.)

… Yeah. I wouldn’t change any of it because so much of what I have now was worth a hell of a lot of pain to get here. I still regret a few things.

Damn. Sorry, that … that was a lot.

9 Likes

Thanks for your frankness.

I regret focussing so much on love, sex & coupling in my youth. I could have been doing much more had I not been ruined by Hollywood B movies…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.