What it's like to work at a Japanese snow monkey park

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/01/what-its-like-to-work-at-a-j.html

5 Likes

Snow monkey park…

LateHappygoluckyGartersnake-size_restricted

Ohhhhhhh yeah.

8 Likes

Monkey business.

7 Likes

I always imagine the area around those pools is probably covered with the frozen corpses of monkeys who tried to venture out before Spring came around.

5 Likes

Don’t you mean, “Monkey Business”?

monkey-bidness

5 Likes

Oh, you mean ‘literally’. I thought this was going to be another scoop from an anonymous source in the White House.

Snow monkeys are my spirit animals.

1 Like

At those parks, do you have to take your clothes off and get into the hot spring with them? Or is that optional?

3 Likes

MONKEYS!!!
I love monkeys, they are fun! Like little hairy people.
That was very interresting and fun to watch!

Had my second trip to Takasakiyama just after Christmas, it is a great place to visit - was staying in the hot spring resort at Beppu, good thing too as it was starting to get pretty cold then (no snow for the monkeys yet, but was glad of the 42degC volcanic sand bath on the beach!):

The thing about this place is that they are wild macaques - so no fences or cages, they come down from the mountain during the day to feed, as Mark says this helps keep them away from the local farms. Sadly I missed the sweet potato mayhem…

Highly recommended.

1 Like

There’s NO monkeys like SNOW monkeys!

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.