What legal prescription cocaine might look like

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/20/what-legal-prescription-cocaine-might-look-like.html

2 Likes

Let me guess - sort of white and powdery?

1 Like

1 Like

Legal prescription morphine, actual product for your pleasure.

4 Likes

now show us what legal prostitution would look like!

Oh, great. More ads for edibles with scientifically questionable claims from the Boing Boing store despite not being legal in your jurisdiction…

Get more done and have more energy with our new BZM Gummies! Created in small, family run businesses from organic, small batch coca plantations in Central America! Fertilized with dung from endangered hippos, you will feel better than ever with our new Benzoylmethylecgonine (BZM) gummies! Will cure insomnia, blood diseases such as ghostitus, and diarrhea! Don’t run out- once you try them, you will want to keep using them forever! An essential pandemic supply!

5 Likes

OK.

Prostitute talking to man in Amsterdam.

6 Likes

Why have morphine, when you can have diamorphine?

3 Likes

It used to come in tablet form in a tin, kinda like Altoids.

Cyclomorph or Diconal if you wanna really get freaky.

Is it bad that I already have the Wikipedia equianalgesic page bookmarked?

2 Likes

A friend of mine is an anesthesiologist who had a patient with a number of allergies, so she needed to use cocaine. It is legal, but a pain in the ass. The pharmacy actually sent a guy with a suitcase handcuffed to his wrist. He stayed for the entire procedure. The paperwork was immense, but the cocaine did its job.

3 Likes

• Marketing idea
4 Likes

The whole reason people snort cocaine is it’s a topical anesthetic that will totally numb your mouth if you try to eat it or rub it on your gums. I would guess that if you swallowed it, you’d be in danger of choking.

Ketamine chewables would probably be fine though, and if you have the sort of kids who are going to get into your drugs then you want something that will calm them down rather than amp them up.

6 Likes

Coca leaves would be very interesting to try:

4 Likes

really, it’s the healthy choice

3 Likes

Huh.

And I was thinking my doctor could prescribe it to treat my horrible aloofness at parties.

1 Like

Checked and it was not here so I guess I will have to make the GTA V reference

1 Like

The pandemic and attendant overdose crisis brought on prescription safe supply here in BC. It is a good thing, though not a panacea.

If it’s anything like how the US FDA handled ketamine nasal spray for depression, it’ll be sold at a 60-100x markup, and only available at special clinics with onerous and arbitrary rules for both clinic and patients. It’ll also be much less effective than early studies suggested, because it’s the wrong stereoisomer (and a racemic mixture was not patentable).

1 Like