What lies at the bottom of Yemen's mysterious Well of Hell?

What lies at the bottom of Yemen’s mysterious Well of Hell?

spoiler: we don’t know and we didn’t bother to check.

11 Likes

Just a little local superstition in the middle east. There’s no way that could get out of hand, right?

5 Likes

I get that a lot of sequels just try to hit the story beats of their successful predecessors more loudly but Oak Island 2 sounds particularly unimaginative.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Moldy carpet squares?

5 Likes

When will scientist finally find a way to gaffer tape a torch to a drone! But no, I guess they are all working on that boring cancer thing >:(

2 Likes

I am wondering if there are gasses coming up from it that make it difficult. Wikipedia (whose word carries the weight of edicts from GOD) says it is a cave system and there is little oxygen down there.

That said, it’s been a while since Yemen has been a go-to choice for sightseers. Perhaps there are more life-and-death concerns, other than portals to hell, keeping intrepid spelunkers drone pilots away.

6 Likes

احذر من منطقة الأشباح

4 Likes
4 Likes

Things to do at the bottom of a well.

Calculate the circumference of the Earth.

2 Likes

It’s where banks keep their customer service departments.

4 Likes

The other end of the hole is in Curio, Arizona. The smell would be the endlessly decomposing body of Rebus Caneebus orbiting the sun at the center of the Earth, after his famous leap.

2 Likes

If it’s really an entrance to Hell you just need to convince some investors that Argent Energy is a real thing and you’ll get all sorts of funding to go to the bottom of this thing.

1 Like

Stealing this as my band name…

Also demons? Nah, clearly “souls of the dead in Tartarus”.

1 Like

The Forbes video makes it look about 5 feet wide, it’s at least 50 feet wide

1 Like

30 metres, per the OP.

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah, looks like a sinkhole, just in the desert. And been there so long there’s actually plants growing down below.

Sorry to pop the fantasy balloon, but it’s not magic.

1 Like

It’s either the other end of the Jersey Void, in which case it owes me at least three radiator caps, or it’s the top secret location of the GOP’s missing platform and it can bloody well keep them.

It’s where all the international copies of the Atari E.T. game were chucked. I’d be scared, too.

2 Likes