What lies at the bottom of Yemen's mysterious Well of Hell?

Originally published at: What lies at the bottom of Yemen's mysterious Well of Hell? | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Just another opening into the Mystery Flesh Pit, nothing to worry about.

11 Likes

Interesting. But the fact this video was shot with a drone raises a fairly obvious question about why exactly it’s so hard to find out what’s down there.

26 Likes

In the comments of that youtube video are links to other videos with drone footage of the bottom of the well, so seems like there’s definitely been cameras in it.

6 Likes

Sunlight doesn’t extend far into the structure

How about going there at noon?

12 Likes

If clickbait was a video

6 Likes

38 Likes

I see you and raise:

17 Likes

Yes, you could explore the bottom … but why deflate the local’s superstitions?

Like forcing your kid to actually look under his bed for so-called monsters. …

4 Likes

Maybe this is where the hole people went when Amazing Stories went off the air?

3 Likes

It’s south of the tropic of cancer so there are two days a year when the sun is directly overhead at noon

4 Likes

“Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark ; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!”

5 Likes

dog devil welcome to hell|nullxnull

12 Likes

Sunlight doesn’t extend far into the structure

Yeah, that’s bullshit. There are plenty of times the sun is directly overhead at that location.

11 Likes

well, the “strange smell” can be easily speculated upon via:

and little can be seen from the edge except the birds that fly in and out of its depths.

(especially if among those birds are the carrion variety)

(related to photo: “what’s inside the mystery hole?”)

9 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, we have found the earth’s butthole.

9 Likes

You’d have to wait for a Lahaina noon, but that would be possible as Yemen is in the Tropic of Cancer (I just checked)

ETA oh, everyone said that already

5 Likes

…or it’s thermal exhaust port?

6 Likes

7 Likes

This is Dagon’s winter timeshare. In the summer, he usually sublets to vacationing Shaggoths.

6 Likes