"What most Americans remember most about J6 was that gas was $2.40 a gallon," says Sen. Tom Cotton

Originally published at: "What most Americans remember most about J6 was that gas was $2.40 a gallon," says Sen. Tom Cotton | Boing Boing

5 Likes

And not shit like this?

26 Likes

Fuck, they’re horrible people.

21 Likes

A price drop because of a mismanaged pandemic? Is that how he intends to drop the price again?

16 Likes

The author of the “fascism is good actually” op-ed is a horrible person? Shocker.

23 Likes

Ironically, if Americans had done what the republicans wanted - pretend there was no pandemic, stop masking and go back to work and school in person, (well of course more people would have died but they don’t care about that), but in general opening up would have raised the demand for gasoline and the price would have gone up sooner as it eventually did.

15 Likes

Politicians who supported and made excuses for January 6 belong in prisons or worse.
Treason does not need to be tolerated.

20 Likes

What I remember about Jan. 6 is wondering why on earth we didn’t treat conspirators in a coup attempt the way more sensible nations treat conspirators in a coup attempt.

14 Likes

I appreciate his speaking up at this critical moment. Cotton is one of the most dangerous fascists in Congress but he usually keeps a low profile and leaves moronic attention-seeking statements like this to the more idiotic MAGAts. I appreciate his giving us occasion to remember who he truly is: the Senator who (via the good offices of the NYT) urged Biff to violate _posse comitatus" and send in the troops against George Floyd/BLM protestors (needless to say, he didn’t make the same call for action re: the J6 insurrection).

18 Likes

Absolute dogshit people.

5 Likes

that’s funny tom, you know what i remember? i remember watching the live coverage and feeling angry, sick and anxious that an army of fascist goons were storming their own capitol, ready to cause harm and likely destroy our democracy in the process. or didn’t you see any of that from your hidey-hole?

16 Likes

I’m sure he’d be equally dismissive of the events that transpired that day if it had been Democrats who stormed the Capitol with the intention of murdering the Republican Vice President.

11 Likes

12 Likes

16 Likes

Yoink.

10 Likes

no-nope

19 Likes

Who let Megan Kelly back onto the airwaves?

2 Likes

Put him under oath and force him to admit that he had to look that number up.

2 Likes

The only way I can pinpoint gas prices by “historical events” are the road trips I took. In 2006, when I went to New York, gas was $4 a gallon. In 2013, when the family went to Idaho, gas was $4 a gallon. I just got back from another road trip, and… gas is much higher in states I passed through that have close election races than in my home state or my destination. Nowhere was it $4 a gallon.

Oh yeah, there’s an exception. In the weeks after 9/11 I recall gas being under a dollar.

7 Likes

Nice attempt at minimizing a coup, jackass.
Tell us, were you huddled up in hiding with some of your fellow fascists, quivering in fear?
Did you outrun “Jackrabbit” Hawley when making your escape?

That ‘however’ effectively negates your previous statement, doesn’t it…

Most Americans aren’t as dumb as you seem to think, jackass.

Ah. Deflection.

Can’t decide what is worse… the fascists in public office, or the fascists that vote for them.

9 Likes