What Not To Do the First Day in Prison

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/what-not-to-do-the-first-day-i.html

10 Likes

it always seemed to me like the rules for prison are the same as the rules for when you’re new in high school: you don’t beat up the bigger, badder upperclassmen – you make FRIENDS with them. that’s what i did, anyway. it sure helped me.

9 Likes

You wanna make friends with the Squirrel Master, right the fu#k away.

WarlikeMatureGnu-small

5 Likes

Delightful.

2 Likes

It is funny, but it bother me that he isn’t actually knitting. He is just wiggling the needles around.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Real talk, indeed

Wait, that’s not how knitting works?

6 Likes

That man can not knit.
Maybe he should take up crochet, instead. It would certainly be faster in producing a scarf.
And from what I hear, you won’t be allowed knitting needles (or a crochet hook) in prison. Not in a regular prison anyway. Maybe in one of those special “Open” Prisons.
Hell, you can’t even pass a prisoner a pencil.

3 Likes

In the USA, one out of every 50 men is behind bars right this minute. No other country in the world imprisons people at such a high rate.

America’s immense, metastasized prison system is not normal, jokey videos about it notwithstanding.

17 Likes

You be the one to call him out on it! :astonished:

There was a time when 10.5% of the permanent resident population of Pitcairn Island was in prison. They had to bring in prison guards from overseas.

#pedant :roll_eyes:
:wink:

That’s what I did in middle school: the all A’s kid, me, hung out with the dope smokin’ tough guys. No idea why they let me hang but there it is. In high school, I was just invisible.

1 Like

yep, that’s what i did, too. not sure why they let me hang with them, but they did, which i always took to mean that their reputation as mean, awful people was unfounded. they more just resented being misrepresented or misunderstood, and i totally understood that.

2 Likes

This is really interesting - me too! I wonder what it is about bb commenters that leads to that coincidence? Or I suppose there are hundreds of people who didn’t and so didn’t comment. So it’s not really a thing.

Move on, nothing to see.

Edit - that comes off as REALLY snarky, when in reality I figured it out as I was typing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.