What Steve Forte can do with a pack of cards borders on the unbelievable

“Hey, you’re already scheduled to be an extra in this episode of The World’s Greatest Magic with Robert Urich, right?”
“Sure am. Right up front and center.”
“OK, when I ask for your favorite four-of-a-kind, say ‘nine’ real quick.”
“Got it.”

You’re right, way too complex.

1 Like

Stooge really is the easy answer. If he didn’t use a stooge he’s doing it the hard way.

Yes, stooges may talk. Nobody cares that much about it, even though lots of people, including myself, don’t like the use of stooges. To me it’s “cheating” they way using video editing is cheating, but it is also legit in a way video editing is not since stooges can, and are, used in live audience. Chris Angel uses a stupid amount of stooges. Not just individual stooges, but in some cases stooge audiences, who pretend not to see what he’s actually doing in tricks that can only be shot with a video camera and not in front of a live audience. Because it’s easier.

He’s clearly a good deck manipulator, and on actual gigs, and not TV specials, he might never use a stooge. But in this case, I don’t see why he’d do it any other way.

Like using the exact method of a force, but not actually forcing a card. You could do it, but why would you not use a method that clearly couldn’t have been a force instead. So, yeah, could have been legit random card called out, but it seems way more likely he was keeping track of 2 sets of four rather than every set of 4 in the deck. On the other hand, if it was Richard Turner, I might just assume he really was keeping track of every card in the deck.

But I’m neither a card mechanic nor a magician. So, dunno.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.