What to do if you think your grandparents are Antifa

I think my Granddad, an lone, unarmed, British bobby, walking into a field where a pancaked, but still well-armed German bomber sat, arresting the crew, demanding and receiving the bomber captain’s service weapon, pretty much settles his credentials.

20 Likes

My grandfather was active antifa. He built huge machines explicitly for killing fascists while he worked in a Navy shipyard.

19 Likes

Can’t imagine.

Because they very, very likely were actual Nazis.

11 Likes

#BreadPilled

6 Likes

But did he punch them?

6 Likes

That’s where the media continues to fail- just perpetuating a ‘one side versus the other‘ narrative. Calling that simple point out and making them defend something they either don’t understand (What the ‘fa’ means) or just force them to defend an explicitly anti-democratic position. Don’t let them claim to be patriots (Yay constitution) and pro-fascists (Yay authoritarianism) at the same time. If media consistently frame these stories like that, they then don’t fall into any perceived ‘bias’ trap. They are simply pointing out inconsistent and contradictory viewpoints, and asking them to explain it - nothing wrong with putting these Idiots on the defensive for once. That kind of reporting does not happen enough and is super frustrating. (Unless of course fomenting the drama is the real point - even at the expense of destroying the country.).

4 Likes

But did he punch them?

No, the German’s surrendered. They were probably just happy to be alive at that point.

11 Likes

They are not. They are heroes. The Shithead in Chief and his knob-slobbering sycophants are trying to make them the boogeyman because he is a fucking Nazi supporter.

Drumpf has wet dreams about returning to the good old days. So do I - the good old days when it was commendable to destroy Nazis. I had several uncles who spent years destroying Nazis. I wish they were still here. They’d know what to do with these “alt-right” jackasses.

10 Likes

This is one reason why Grandma and Grandpa’s generation were referred to occasionally as “The Greatest”.

4 Likes

Your grandfather probably saved them from being pitchforked by the locals. Spending the rest of the war in a POW camp was the best possible outcome for them.

10 Likes

Mine, too! They were so Antifa three of them served in WWII!

6 Likes

Trump an his cohorts still cannot say openly they’re pro fascism, so they’re sneakily pushing some negative propaganda against antifascists. You know, the enemy of my enemy…

5 Likes

Both of my grandfathers were so Antifa that they actually shot Fascists and were paid to do it. Personally, I don’t know why we ever stopped. Is there a downside to starting that back up again?

10 Likes

Mine too. I know one of mine had at least one hand to hand with some nazis, which included a bayonet.

Not everyone did… :grin:

anti-facist-spencer-punch|nullxnull

15 Likes

My grandfather was so Antifa that when he enlisted and they asked him what he wanted to do, he said “Go to Europe and kill fascists.” He was too nutty even for the US Army so they put him in a balloon over the Gulf of Mexico hunting submarines. To his great disappointment he never got to act on his strong Antifa feelings. But I bet he harbored them for the rest of his life.

11 Likes

Well my actual father was Antifa to the point where he climbed into a ball turret below a B17 explicitly to blow them out of the sky while making sure they could blow up even more shit on the ground. His father before him was more of an anti-Kaiser kind of guy I guess. My other grandfather has a medal somewhere for using a gun to kill fascists. All 3 clearly no patriots.

11 Likes

That’s serious antifa dedication, that. Those folks had short lifespans. Mad respect.

10 Likes

sounds foreign /s

8 Likes

I have a friend from Germany who has a grandfather who lived in Argentina. I still remember the moment he told me this:

“What, your German grandfather … lives in Argentina?”
“Yes! There’s actually a large population there —”
“No, I know. But do you know why they’re in Argentina?”
“…”
“…”
“…Well, my grandfather’s an engineer. He worked for the government.”
“Did he work for the Nazi party?”
“…”
“…”
Oh. I did not think about that.”

14 Likes

I have 547 Washington Post articles archived and indexed, and he ain’t one of them. (There is one of his cited in a paragraph pulled from Wikipedia. “Marc Thiessen: Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings?” Yeaaah…)

1 Like